Page 653 of 763 FirstFirst ... 153553603643651652653654655663703753 ... LastLast
Results 6,521 to 6,530 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    While the propagandists are out trying to scare you again with another variant, know that reports from South Africa are that Omicron produces very mild symptoms, and has led to zero hospitalizations. Don't buy their bullshit.
    South Africa's bullshit, I assume you are referring to?
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    South Africa's bullshit, I assume you are referring to?
    Yeah, I'm not really sure where to come down on this yet, but South Africa has a pretty clear vested interest in downplaying the severity of Omicron so I think you have to throw out anything they say that is not backed by quantitative evidence. I'm not sure we even know if Omicron has been around long enough for us to see the deaths increase due to the lag time between infection and death.

It would be great if a milder strain became the dominant strain globally though, and would be somewhat consistent with what I understand of viral behavior.

I'm betting on this just being another delta (hopefully) in that the vaccines and prior immunity will continue to protect from severe disease and death. In the meantime I'll keep doing what I'm doing - i.e. being vaccinated, having my kids be vaccinated, and wearing masks in crowded places until there's real evidence for concern.
    Eat Donuts!

My wife is on a (full) flight to NYC and was told she will need her vax card to get into the restaurant for tomorrow’s dinner. Interesting how it’s treated so differently from place to place.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    My wife is on a (full) flight to NYC and was told she will need her vax card to get into the restaurant for tomorrow’s dinner. Interesting how it’s treated so differently from place to place.
    Was just in NYC for the X games and everywhere that allowed indoor dining or drinking required you to show your vax card (well a photo of it) and your ID before you were served. You get used to it really quick.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

In Hawaii, we were asked to show our vax cards before eating exactly twice in 8 days. I was a little surprised it was so lax there.

I’ve never been asked for my card in Atlanta. Not once. And I eat out at various places almost daily.

Last edited by xu82; 11-29-2021 at 04:22 PM.

Eating exactly twice in 8 days would be an excellent way to lose weight.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    Yeah, I'm not really sure where to come down on this yet, but South Africa has a pretty clear vested interest in downplaying the severity of Omicron so I think you have to throw out anything they say that is not backed by quantitative evidence. I'm not sure we even know if Omicron has been around long enough for us to see the deaths increase due to the lag time between infection and death.

It would be great if a milder strain became the dominant strain globally though, and would be somewhat consistent with what I understand of viral behavior.

I'm betting on this just being another delta (hopefully) in that the vaccines and prior immunity will continue to protect from severe disease and death. In the meantime I'll keep doing what I'm doing - i.e. being vaccinated, having my kids be vaccinated, and wearing masks in crowded places until there's real evidence for concern.
    If South Africa were lying about severity they would face serious global consequences. The Doctor that discovered the variant says it’s mild: https://www.newsweek.com/doctor-firs...africa-1653740

"...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    In Hawaii, we were asked to show our vax cards before eating exactly twice in 8 days. I was a little surprised it was so lax there.
    If asked for mine I calmly show it, then tell the manager to fuck off as I take my money elsewhere.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Sophomore
    This is precisely why I call him "Dr. Mengele Fauci". He's directly responsible for deaths and near-deaths like these:

A man dying of Covid in an ICU was forced to sue the Chicago Hospital so that they would give him ivermectin. During the hearings, the hospital offered these arguments:

* There could be side effects.

* Ordering ivermectin would violate its policies.

* Forcing the issue would be “extraordinary” judicial overreach.

Fortunately, the hospital lost the case, and began treating the man with ivermectin. Almost immediately he began to recover, and is now alive and well.

https://rescue.substack.com/p/a-judg...-hospital-step

On the flip side of Fauci's policies is this: Amy Bolin said in order to be approved for a double-lung transplant, her husband had to be fully vaccinated for COVID even though he’d had the virus and recovered. After his second Moderna shot, he developed a pulmonary embolism and heart condition and died before he could get new lungs.

https://truthbasedmedia.com/2021/11/...-moderna-shot/

This is pure evil! Fauci has no interest whatsoever in saving lives - he's only cares about money. These aren't isolated examples of his treachery. There are numerous examples just like these. Why are so many elite athletes dying, or quitting their profession due to heart problems? Why are heart issues rising rapidly among young kids and teenagers all of a sudden?