Page 69 of 763 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169569 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    This is nice but is not realistic to roll out nationwide anytime soon. Small pockets maybe. There’s not enough effort put into this sort of stuff... a rapid home test we could do ourselves would be great.
    What do you mean by “anytime soon”, and why do you say that? It seems there will be a huge demand and a lot of focus on mass production.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    What do you mean by “anytime soon”, and why do you say that? It seems there will be a huge demand and a lot of focus on mass production.
    I guess it depends how many clinics are using Abbott’s current testing machine. I don’t have a good idea on that, but I know most in NE Ohio use Roche’s machine for flu tests etc. Maybe someone else knows the market share on rapid flu testing? Again, it’s a small sample size that I have and hopefully there is a more universal test or rapid antibody test that gets the nod soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    I guess it depends how many clinics are using Abbott’s current testing machine. I don’t have a good idea on that, but I know most in NE Ohio use Roche’s machine for flu tests etc. Maybe someone else knows the market share on rapid flu testing? Again, it’s a small sample size that I have and hopefully there is a more universal test or rapid antibody test that gets the nod soon.
    According to Abbott they have the “largest footprint” in the market so that’s good.

Well, White House officially projects 100k - 240k estimated deaths. It's hard to read that headline on the screen.
    Run the table.

Unfortunately new cases on 3/30 were well above new cases on 3/27, so still no new peak.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Unfortunately new cases on 3/30 were well above new cases on 3/27, so still no new peak.
    BUT.... I thought I heard Dr Fauci say the progression rate was slowing. Hey, I’m looking for any good signs. We need that......

Supporting Member
    Anyone else think those death projections are complete nonsense and just a way to scare people into staying home? Btw I'm fine with that, but I still think those numbers are complete bs

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    Here’s a predictive model that shows the cases, hospitalizations, and hospital bed space available over the next four months. One can filter by state as well, which is very interesting and illustrates the positive impact social distancing has. All of us Buckeyes need to send a thank you note to DeWine.
    https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections
    According to this quoted model the death rate is 93,000. That's a far cry from the millions some were quoting a few weeks ago.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Anyone else think those death projections are complete nonsense and just a way to scare people into staying home? Btw I'm fine with that, but I still think those numbers are complete bs
    It is being reported that the average stay on a ventilator for this is between 11 and 21 days. Further, as KMC posted earlier that between 70-80% that go on a ventilator will die. So as ICU cases continue to grow exponentially the deaths from those cases will occur 2-3 weeks down the line. Therefore I do not think we are anywhere near the peak of this issue and that those numbers could turn out to be true.

I hope I am wrong and that you are right.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

All-Conference
    Models are all over the place. I guess we will find out who has the best assumptions.

My money is on 150k. Hope the million+ is a scare tactic.