Page 62 of 206 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    kmcrawfo, thanks for sharing that doctor's experiences in the ER.
    I found the above sentence the most disturbing, given the increasing need for ventilators in our country right now,
    That was the most disturbing part of the information for me as well. Well ventilators may extend life against this virus, they donít seem particularly effective at saving lives unfortunately

In Ohio, 17% of confirmed cases are healthcare workers. That’s a lot... We currently test many people that are presumed positive, which doesn’t really change anything if they are very ill. We should be routinely testing healthcare workers at least once/week.

The email from the ER doc in New Orleans is fairly frightening... There is increased evidence of this spreading in hospitals through healthcare workers as well. It makes sense to convert convention centers etc to temporary hospitals, and have teams of medical personnel to run it. Logistics remain difficult.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Ohio 3/28 update:

1406 cases
    344 hospitalizations
    123 in ICU
    25 deaths
    52 median age
    "Iím willing to sacrifice everything for this team. Iím going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. Iím going to play harder than Iíve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Junior
    After taking more than a month to get to 1000, it took two days for the next thousand dead. Scary stuff.

NY had 270 deaths in the last 24 hours. 8 days ago as an entire country we had less than that.
    "Iím willing to sacrifice everything for this team. Iím going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. Iím going to play harder than Iíve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    NY had 270 deaths in the last 24 hours. 8 days ago as an entire country we had less than that.
    Don't tell Clay Travis.
    Run the table.

Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    Don't tell Clay Travis.
    Man he just continues to double and triple down on this not being a big deal right? And he honestly thinks he is presenting just facts that say so.

I have a 45 min commute to work in morning and I split listening to Mike and Mike and Clay Travis. I typically disagree with a lot of things Clay says but find his show entertaining but at other times like with this he is absolutely unbearable.

I have been working from home but so havent heard what hes talking about on the show but have seen him on twitter. Its crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    After taking more than a month to get to 1000, it took two days for the next thousand dead. Scary stuff.
    I think part of that can be attributed to more people being tested now compared to a the previous 3-4 weeks. Still a big jump regardless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    typically disagree with a lot of things Clay says but find his show entertaining but at other times like with this he is absolutely unbearable.
    Feel the same way here. Can probably go on and on about a lot things but will leave it that I think frankly he's been embarrassing and irresponsibly using his platform.
    Last edited by SemajParlor; 03-28-2020 at 11:28 PM.
    Run the table.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    I think part of that can be attributed to more people being tested now compared to a the previous 3-4 weeks. Still a big jump regardless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    This isn’t positive tests, this is deaths. There isn’t exactly a catch-up rate in deaths unless we were under reporting them before.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, thereíd be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack