Page 274 of 763 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276284324374 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    I will ask you the same question I asked xavierj (no response yet): Do you believe the death count to be less than 160k as it currently stands?
    https://www.lboro.ac.uk/news-events/...-covid-deaths/

Actual deaths due to COVID are some 54% or 63% lower than implied by the standard excess deaths measure, and reported excess deaths likely include a significant number of non-COVID deaths.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    I will ask you the same question I asked xavierj (no response yet): Do you believe the death count to be less than 160k as it currently stands?
    Sorry I don’t live on this site. But yes I think true Covid deaths is much lower. People are dying of cancer, pneumonia, and heart disease that are getting counted as Covid. I was talking to a coworker whose aunt died of a heart attack and they marked it as Covid since she did also test positive for that. Look I know Covid can kill and it affects people drastically different. Some people get sick, some no at all and I know someone who came out of it with no symptoms but now is having crazy psychosis. This thing is defiantly weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    We don’t measure deaths this way, as this is a way to try and estimate the full impact of COVID. That is a very difficult thing to capture and I don’t think it would be accurate to do it this way here either. It is strange though this study was done by an economist. Here is the full text

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Sorry I don’t live on this site. But yes I think true Covid deaths is much lower. People are dying of cancer, pneumonia, and heart disease that are getting counted as Covid. I was talking to a coworker whose aunt died of a heart attack and they marked it as Covid since she did also test positive for that. Look I know Covid can kill and it affects people drastically different. Some people get sick, some no at all and I know someone who came out of it with no symptoms but now is having crazy psychosis. This thing is defiantly weird.

Did you see the death certificate of your coworkers aunt? We have evidence COVID causes myocardial damage so I wouldn’t necessarily say it definitely wasn’t a factor without knowing the details of her health. Due to false negatives in testing I feel early on we drastically underestimated death counts, and with increased testing capacity and antibody testing capability it is less likely to miss a COVID death as it was early on. The fact that you and others believe the death count to be lower than reported is indicative of backlash to media hype of this disease going too far.

Dewine has Covid.
    2023 Sweet 16

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Dewine has Covid.
    Is Xavier meeting in person for fall semester?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Dewine has Covid.
    Ironically he was tested bc he was meeting with Trump, who has been critical about increased testing as it drives the number of reported cases up. Yet obviously anyone who comes in contact with the President gets a test, which I believe to be the right policy, though contradictory to what comes out of his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    Is Xavier meeting in person for fall semester?
    Yes
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Supporting Member
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Apparently DeWine had the antigen test... and has since tested negative with PCR testing.

https://twitter.com/govmikedewine/st...772798977?s=21