Page 325 of 763 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327335375425 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    Really? What a hypocrite....Mr. Superspreader!
    I camp on bureau of land mgmt. land and can get a test anytime I want one, moron. Same with my son who works in the medical supply field. I camped all over the Rockies this summer and rarely even saw another person unless I was loading up supplies or fishing.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Somehow we became The Hub for Thanksgiving. Maybe a couple dozen people on average. It’s one of two meals a year my wife insists on handling (the other being a repeat for Christmas), so I get the day off in the kitchen.

I thought this year would obviously be different. Then I learn my sister and her husband plan to come down from Wisconsin to be with their two daughters here. My 93 year old mother needs to be included, of course. We win Thanksgiving with our son and his wife since they do a HUGE thing for Christmas with her HUGE family (she’s one if six daughters, most older with families) in Florida. My son has been talking to the son of a couple who has been with us on Thanksgiving for years. This family has two sons, one will be married and the other is engaged. My wife’s assistant is the daughter of some of our closest friends from Florida, and she doesn’t know anyone but our clan in Atlanta. She just moved here to work for my wife. We have some other friends (my tennis buddy in Florida) who have moved up here and are wondering what to do. They are pretty damn active, always out and about and have three kids college age and up. There are a few others who are “almost alone” who we always include.

This SEEMS to possibly be spiraling upward and I need to get proactive about drawing lines and setting expectations. It’s just hard to know where to draw the line.
    I don't envy you. That is a tough position to be in. Excluding people becomes very difficult, particularly with the politically charged environment right now. I think it's reasonable (but challenging) to set up some criteria around testing and limiting contacts for attendees if you are going to be spending time indoors together. It's hard to do though, and when you throw in interstate travel and college age kids it becomes doubly difficult.

We are wrestling with similar (but lesser) concerns around our planned Halloween gathering with our neighborhood friends, but at least that is outside and only for a few hours so far less risky.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    My brother, also an X grad is having Tgiving on his screened in porch with propane heaters. Indy is usually pretty cold in Nov, so I hope the heaters work.
    I invested in two propane patio heaters this year. I wish I had bought a third, but they are tough to find right now. They give off some serious heat, but it will probably still be a bit chilly depending on the specific weather that day!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    I camp on bureau of land mgmt. land and can get a test anytime I want one, moron. Same with my son who works in the medical supply field. I camped all over the Rockies this summer and rarely even saw another person unless I was loading up supplies or fishing.
    You just have to ignore some people, man. It's not worth it.
    Eat Donuts!

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Hmmm, seems really hard to believe that you won't come into contact with any other people on this trip.

So, it's just you and your son for Thanksgiving - no one else?

Where exactly is there any BLM land anywhere near Huntington Beach?

Who goes to Las Vegas to camp on BLM land? What's the point? So you're going to make this side trip to the party capitol of the world, just to camp outside of city limits, and then never go into the city? Again, why would anyone do that?

Typical lib - rules for thee, but none for me....
    Last edited by XU_Lou; 10-29-2020 at 11:43 AM.

Supporting Member
    Hmmm, seems really hard to believe that you won't come into contact with any other people on this trip.

So, it's just you and your son for Thanksgiving - no one else?

Where exactly is there any BLM land anywhere near Huntington Beach?

Who goes to Las Vegas to camp on BLM land? What's the point? So you're going to make this side trip to the party capitol of the world, just to camp outside of city limits, and then never go into the city? Again, why would anyone do that?

Typical lib - rules for thee, but none for me....
    +1

I understand it's a sprint to election day. But I really don't understand the big rallies.
    We've seen spreading events from close quarters church events without masks, and open air Rose Garden events without masks...neither with distancing.
    If you're the president, and the safety of Americans is a top priority, why would you risk placing unmasked people, packed tightly together, at a rally when the case numbers are spiking. And those people are cheering loudly which only means wider spread patterns.

Guess what I really don't understand is why more people aren't concerned by this. Guess it'll all be over in a few days.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I understand it's a sprint to election day. But I really don't understand the big rallies.
    We've seen spreading events from close quarters church events without masks, and open air Rose Garden events without masks...neither with distancing.
    If you're the president, and the safety of Americans is a top priority, why would you risk placing unmasked people, packed tightly together, at a rally when the case numbers are spiking. And those people are cheering loudly which only means wider spread patterns.

Guess what I really don't understand is why more people aren't concerned by this. Guess it'll all be over in a few days.
    There's your problem. Ego is the top priority. Everything else, including the American people, are a distant second. We have like 50 years of Donald Trump as a public figure to base this on.
    Eat Donuts!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    There's your problem. Ego is the top priority. Everything else, including the American people, are a distant second. We have like 50 years of Donald Trump as a public figure to base this on.
    Although I agree with this when it comes to trump, I think this applies to most politicians. I basically think you either have to have a screw loose or be an egomaniacal figure to run for federal public office these days. I mean if you believe the bs of " I'm running because I care and will work for the american people" nonsense then I have a bridge to sell ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Although I agree with this when it comes to trump, I think this applies to most politicians. I basically think you either have to have a screw loose or be an egomaniacal figure to run for federal public office these days. I mean if you believe the bs of " I'm running because I care and will work for the american people" nonsense then I have a bridge to sell ya.
    Yeah. That's almost definitely true. I'm sure it takes a level of ego / narcissism to want to run for Public office - particularly at a National level. I'd like to think that at least some of them are in it for both reasons i.e. they are egomaniacs who also happen to care about the American people.
    Eat Donuts!

So, it's just you and your son for Thanksgiving - no one else? yep

Where exactly is there any BLM land anywhere near Huntington Beach? 37 miles. days at the Beach. Nites at the campfire but I'll stay a few nites @ the kids house.

Who goes to Las Vegas to camp on BLM land? Me. I love it. 48 milion acres and it's beautiful and free. What's the point? I like the Outdoors So you're going to make this side trip to the party capitol of the world, just to camp outside of city limits, and then never go into the city? At 74, I had enough parties but I will go in to eat outside.
    Get out of your bubble BOZO. Try to enjoy yourself once in a while. BTW, I have never said I'm in lockdown so don't know what the hell you're talking about. Funny you didn't criticize anyone else here who said they were having outdoor events.

Camping is easy and fun. Stay anywhere as long as you want. Your idea of camping is a 48 ft. motorhome in the Holiday Inn parking lot. lol
    Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 10-29-2020 at 02:31 PM.
    2023 Sweet 16