Page 439 of 763 FirstFirst ... 339389429437438439440441449489539 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,390 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

I think the pause on the J&J vaccine is simply out of an abundance of caution coupled with the AstraZeneca issues previously. It is likely just to make sure there isn't something more serious going on. Once that is determined, I am sure it will be available again, but it is a concern right now for females of child bearing age which is a fairly significant amount of people
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    Sorry to rain on your parade but this is the kind of non-sense that continues to make people unwilling to take the vaccine.

My getting vaccinated has nothing to do with my neighbor. My getting vaccinated ONLY helps me. Stick with me here. The vaccines have proven very effective - rarely does one who has been vaccinated get COVID, and those that still get COVID are not developing severe cases. Essentially the vaccines have turned COVID into a cold, or nothing at all.

So what you are saying here, whether you realize it or not, is that the vaccines are not effective. Other fallacies that continue to hurt vaccination efforts: "you can still transmit the disease", "you must continue to mask", "you still cannot eat indoors at a restaurant". Ridiculous.
    1. That statement he made does not make anyone not want to get the vaccine. Anyone who would say that, wasn't getting it anyway.

2. His statement is 100% true. I have a rare immune deficiency, I do no make antibodies. Everyone in my life who gets vaccinated is helping me tremendously. I am so lucky that my parents and in laws all have had it, that our kids babysitter has had it, that a core group of friends of mine have had it or are in the process of getting it.

So yeah, it does matter and help your neighbors. There are plenty of people out there who either can't get the vaccine or it is not as effective on, etc that are helped greatly by those in their community getting the vaccine.

As far as the last part of your post, I agree there, there are things being done and said that are indeed hurting the vaccination efforts.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Stay safe D-West.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Junior
    6 blood clot cases out of 7 million doses seems an ABSURD amount of caution. I imagine maybe 6 people probably died out of that group, thru no fault of JnJ.

Junior
    1 death, 1 hospitalization from what I heard?

NFL requiring the vaccine for all their tier 1 and tier 2 employees unless they have a “bona fide” medical or religious reason for exemption.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    By Chris Widener:

"If Covid was so deadly, would Democrat politicians get caught without their masks dining at French Laundry? Or going maskless in their private jet terminals? Or at the ball games they attend? Would they really risk their very lives?

If the seas were really going to rise from global warming would Obama really own thirty million dollars of beach front properties?

If this is so deadly, would they allow us to pack hundreds of people into an airplane eighteen inches from each other (yet require you to “social distance” while you get off the plane)? Would they allow thousands of people to use the same touch screen to check in in airports like I just did ten minutes ago?

You have been fooled my friends. Look at what they do, not at what they say. The biggest scams in human history are being pulled on us and half our country goes along with it because they have no discernment of right and wrong or truth and error. And worse, when you call them on their BS, they act indignant and curse and belittle you.

Why would they keep virologists from the best schools in America from getting their message out that this is a scam? Why would they keep you from using medications that have been around and safely used for decades?

We simply cannot continue to allow these shysters to harangue us into complicity. I for one will continue to fight until my dying day for truth against duplicitous manipulation.

If someone told a crowd of 1000 people that they have to shut down their businesses and stay home from school and wear masks or else ONE of those 1000 people would die in the next year, would you do it? Of course not. That’s the math, and only if you believe all the reported cases of death by Covid were actually true but of course we know that many deaths were categorized as Covid deaths but weren’t.

And yet that is exactly what we have done.

Why would they roll out a vaccine that doesn’t even keep you from getting Covid and has tons of side effects and roll out national marketing campaigns to pressure everyone to get it?

What’s really going on here?

It is time to put on your thinking caps, my friends. Just because someone in authority says something is true doesn’t make it so."

https://politicrossing.com/the-post-...onal-speakers/

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    Exactly. This one has set a new standard of government stupidity. Of course DeWine followed suit... my vaccine appointment has been canceled.

Was on a conference call with 3 others and the four of us spent the first 10 minutes mocking this stupidity.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Suicides fell by 5.6% in 2020. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    Yes and what is the clot/death rate for a control non shot group of similar size?