Page 438 of 763 FirstFirst ... 338388428436437438439440448488538 ... LastLast
Results 4,371 to 4,380 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Over the years it’s been estimated to be 60-70% to reach herd immunity. Now some say higher, so we really don’t know.

Other things we don’t know:

How many people have natural immunity at this point
    How long will natural immunity last
    Why the wide ranging experience people have had
    Spread by droplets or aerosols How long the vaccine will last
    Difference between 3 feet and 6 for social distancing
    Can you transmit the virus after vaccinated Will we need a booster
    Should we wear one or two masks
    How much do masks help (and the other stuff we have debated ad nauseam).

Besides not knowing the length of effectiveness of the vaccine and natural immunity which makes sense, quite a lot of stuff we still don’t know even 15 months later.

Kinda makes you wonder how much can we really know about climate change if we do XYZ. Seems a lot more complex.
    How dare you hypothesize about consensus theory! There’s no room room for challenging accepted belief in science. Next you’ll ask for repeatable results or other nonsense!

Supporting Member
    Here’s a nice resource to find vaccine appointments, especially if you prefer a particular pharmaceutical company’s concoction:
    https://vaccinefinder.org/search

I’m scheduled for a J&J jab in a couple days.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Junior
    Posit: if you love thy neighbor you'll get vaccinated.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    Public reps

Here’s a nice resource to find vaccine appointments, especially if you prefer a particular pharmaceutical company’s concoction:

Good for you! I got two Pfizer shots, not a big deal but long drives and the second was a 2 hour wait. You win on convenience alone! I’m just glad to have it behind me, so no complaints!

You may want to reconsider the J&J shot and go with Pfizer/Moderna due to some recent developments with clots from the J&J shot
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Blood clots were all women in childbearing age (18-48). I don’t have any other data on this, but oral contraceptives can increase clotting risk. As does smoking. I would be curious to see further breakdown into these patients and their family history of blood clotting. Currently 6 clots in 6.8 million doses is not a large enough amount that would deter me from getting it but I understand their concern for pausing administration.

Supporting Member
    Well that turned into a train wreck. But this isn't making sense.

There were six instances of blood clotting identified of the ~4M J&J doses given (0.0015% or 1.5x10^-3%), and one death (2.5x10^-5%) - and the FDA pauses administering the J&J vaccine. Plus these all occurred with a limited demographic (women in childbearing years).

If the vaccine is as effective and critical as we are told, why is this substantial enough to stop it? These odds are in the "struck by a meteor" range.

Then what about the much higher adverse events reported with the mRNA vaccines, and last I checked before J&J came out, a death rate 8x10^-4%? Why are we moving forward with those vaccines?

Is there more than meets the eye? If not, all this is doing is discouraging vaccination and adding fuel for the anti-vaxxer crowd. I'm afraid this will be yet another example of "Government COVID cluster-fuck".

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    Posit: if you love thy neighbor you'll get vaccinated.
    Sorry to rain on your parade but this is the kind of non-sense that continues to make people unwilling to take the vaccine.

My getting vaccinated has nothing to do with my neighbor. My getting vaccinated ONLY helps me. Stick with me here. The vaccines have proven very effective - rarely does one who has been vaccinated get COVID, and those that still get COVID are not developing severe cases. Essentially the vaccines have turned COVID into a cold, or nothing at all.

So what you are saying here, whether you realize it or not, is that the vaccines are not effective. Other fallacies that continue to hurt vaccination efforts: "you can still transmit the disease", "you must continue to mask", "you still cannot eat indoors at a restaurant". Ridiculous.

Well that turned into a train wreck. But this isn't making sense.

There were six instances of blood clotting identified of the ~4M J&J doses given (0.0015% or 1.5x10^-3%), and one death (2.5x10^-5%) - and the FDA pauses administering the J&J vaccine. Plus these all occurred with a limited demographic (women in childbearing years).

If the vaccine is as effective and critical as we are told, why is this substantial enough to stop it? These odds are in the "struck by a meteor" range.

Then what about the much higher adverse events reported with the mRNA vaccines, and last I checked before J&J came out, a death rate 8x10^-4%? Why are we moving forward with those vaccines?

Is there more than meets the eye? If not, all this is doing is discouraging vaccination and adding fuel for the anti-vaxxer crowd. I'm afraid this will be yet another example of "Government COVID cluster-fuck".
    Yeah - this seems like a situation in which we are either over-reacting pretty significantly, or there is something more that they are concerned about. Either way it's not a good look when you are trying to get a lot of skeptical people to take a vaccine. I'm sure they would say they are operating out of an abundance of caution, but still.
    Eat Donuts!