Page 271 of 763 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281321371 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    You may want to specify WHICH medical professionals should come out and say that it works....
    Good Point. In this case, Medical professionals plural who are distinguished (have credentials) in the field of medicine and infectious diseases. Does Donald Trump have a medical degree? Not sure how he or any politicians have the credentials to preach what is effective and what is not effective. Isn’t trump the one who said that people should ingest disinfectants as a way to cleanse the body of COVID-19? That Alone should tell you why politicians should not be given a platform to speak on these issues. Leave it to the professionals as to the correct way to handle this pandemic.

Supporting Member
    Wow, huh. The last couple dozen posts have been very educational for me. Let me see if I've got this right:
    1) The medical opinion of a group of doctors is invalid if one of the doctors is crazy.
    2) Comprehensive data analysis presented by a Buckeye fan carries no validity.
    3) It's not necessary to read information before rendering an opinion
    4) You can't compare geographies that locked down to ones that didn't to evaluate effectiveness of lockdowns.

What am I missing... OHH yes, the most profound of all. BLM doesn't apply to a Republican that supports Trump, in which case his death should be used for mockery. Thanks for that one Bobby, I had no idea. Consider me enlightened.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    Wow, huh. The last couple dozen posts have been very educational for me. Let me see if I've got this right:
    1) The medical opinion of a group of doctors is invalid if one of the doctors is crazy.
    2) Comprehensive data analysis presented by a Buckeye fan carries no validity.
    3) It's not necessary to read information before rendering an opinion
    4) You can't compare geographies that locked down to ones that didn't to evaluate effectiveness of lockdowns.

What am I missing... OHH yes, the most profound of all. BLM doesn't apply to a Republican that supports Trump, in which case his death should be used for mockery. Thanks for that one Bobby, I had no idea. Consider me enlightened.
    Don’t forget the “dogs are pretty much equivalent to COVID tests” post which I think was a good one. I’m biased though.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    Enough of the political crap dude. If hydroxychloroquine actually does work, medical professionals need to come out and say that it works. Trust the professionals, not the political hack jobs in Washington.
    https://justthenews.com/politics-pol...rs-prescribing

Sophomore
    DeWine influencing medical experts into this decision? Is there any definitive evidence or data to show that this drug is effective in treating COVID 19?

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    DeWine influencing medical experts into this decision? Is there any definitive evidence or data to show that this drug is effective in treating COVID 19?
    https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/...reatment-study

Should everyone be using this treatment? No, but I think it can help in certain cases, as it's been showed to do.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post

Should everyone be using this treatment? No, but I think it can help in certain cases, as it's been showed to do.
    Interesting read. Thanks for sharing

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/12...398400512?s=20

To quote the pharmacist in my life, "the Henry Ford study is trash"
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/12...398400512?s=20

To quote the pharmacist in my life, "the Henry Ford study is trash"
    Listen closely to Fauchi's answer. He dismisses the study because it's not a pure scientific study controlled by randomization and a placebo.

I'm a scientist - I get it. I agree we can't "take this to the bank" as an end-all-be-all answer. But just as the conclusions say, it should be viewed as a good indicator that HCQ combined with other drugs has potential. That's it. A comprehensive, randomized, and controlled test would be the next step. So the study is not trash. It answers the question it intended to: does HCQ combined with other drugs have potential for COVID treatment? It was not designed or expected to do more. To make an analogy, if your goal in a golf shot is to put the ball on the green, you can't say the shot was trash when it doesn't go in the hole.

Answers like this from Fauchi give me the red flag alert. An accurate, non-biased answer should have been "The Henry Ford Study was a non-scientific, non-controlled review. It can be used as nothing more than an indicator of potential effectiveness. There are ongoing studies that apply the control and rigor needed to accurately assess the effectiveness of HCQ and other drugs, and I can't comment on effectiveness until those studies are completed."

But then again if I had to deal with Trump on a daily basis I would be biased too! For the record, the only reason I care if a HCQ combination works is because it would save lives. If partisan bullshit results in a missed opportunity to save lives, it will be a travesty. The good news is those comprehensive studies are really in progress, but they take time. We won't have a definitive answer until late this year.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

I've read about another change that seems to be adding difficulty.

The Vanity Fair article indicated we might have had a good chance with a nationally coordinated strategy like other industrialized countries, but that was abandoned for a state program...seemingly for a political reason (dem states hurting early).

Then our decades long, in-place system for reporting through the CDC hospital statistics, is canned so that some Trump donor's company can bid, and sub-contract this data collection to a 3rd party...raising the question of whether we'll get good numbers from this point on.

And now, rather than the CDC who has the system for deliveries and contacts set up, and have done it before, they are going to turn over vaccine distribution (when it comes) to the military. Who knows why.

Just seems like as a country, we could have done better.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.