Page 394 of 763 FirstFirst ... 294344384392393394395396404444494 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,940 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    This is the one I still wonder about. Have we decided HCQ is effective in treating Covid or not? It went back and forth so many times confused with bumbling Trump's ramblings that I don't know if I ever saw a definitive answer from the medical community.
    Though it looked promising, ultimately no, not really. Remdesivir is preferred, and if you meet a certain criteria you can get the antibody infusion. I can't think of anywhere off the top of my head still using HCQ for treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Back in May Fauci said he believed we would eventually get a vaccine in a year or two. In June he felt a vaccine would probably be 70 to 75% effective and not give us the herd immunity we need. July 31 before Congress, he said we should have a vaccine early 2021. Not the “widespread” that he later changed to. Here he was again in October.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ary-fauci-says

Doesn’t give people a lot of confidence which was point I was trying describe.

I don’t blame him because we have never developed a vaccine so fast and he doesn’t have a crystal ball. But people were saying if Fauci opened his mouth it must be true. Unfortunately people were giving him impossible things to speculate on during the summer. FWIW, still respect the man and what he’s done for his country.
    Ok thanks, missed that one. All other articles/pressers I see say he thought end of the year distribution. Ultimately I don’t think he influenced vaccine opinion too much but who knows. In general people distrust the government especially when the government is already restricting decisions we have daily, such as whether we can go somewhere or not.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Though it looked promising, ultimately no, not really. Remdesivir is preferred, and if you meet a certain criteria you can get the antibody infusion. I can't think of anywhere off the top of my head still using HCQ for treatment.
    FWIW I have seen it prescribed recently still by a local rheumatologist specifically for covid. I’m sure it’s a drop in the HCQ bucket of scripts for her but I found it interesting.

July 1, 2020 Update:" A summary of the FDA review of safety issues with the use of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine to treat hospitalized patients with COVID-19 is now available. This includes reports of serious heart rhythm problems and other safety issues, including blood and lymph system disorders, kidney injuries, and liver problems and failure. '
    2023 Sweet 16

Got an appt for Monday to get the first shot with mrspaulxu.

Must admit we are excited.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Got an appt for Monday to get the first shot with mrspaulxu.

Must admit we are excited.
    VERY glad to hear! Best of luck to both of you.

My mother and multiple family member (mostly doctors on the front line) have had at least the first shot and nobody had any significant negative reactions. Hope the same is true for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    FWIW I have seen it prescribed recently still by a local rheumatologist specifically for covid. I’m sure it’s a drop in the HCQ bucket of scripts for her but I found it interesting.
    Hmm, really? That's interesting, I thought a lot of the literature said to try to avoid it if possible, but then again no idea if the patients she's prescribing it to have benefits of HCQ for other conditions even if still prescribed for COVID. I'd be interested to hear the logic behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    VERY glad to hear! Best of luck to both of you.

My mother and multiple family member (mostly doctors on the front line) have had at least the first shot and nobody had any significant negative reactions. Hope the same is true for you guys.
    I got my first dose recently, but my sister got her second dose (Internal Medicine, just turned 30) and the second dose has been the one that's been the most brutal for her and other people she/I know who took it. Absolutely knocked people on their ass for about 48 hours, headaches, fatigue, the whole nine yards. I'll however take a couple days of feeling like crap over possibly transmitting it to my parents or loved ones.

Hmm, really? That's interesting, I thought a lot of the literature said to try to avoid it if possible, but then again no idea if the patients she's prescribing it to have benefits of HCQ for other conditions even if still prescribed for COVID. I'd be interested to hear the logic behind it.

I got my first dose recently, but my sister got her second dose (Internal Medicine, just turned 30) and the second dose has been the one that's been the most brutal for her and other people she/I know who took it. Absolutely knocked people on their ass for about 48 hours, headaches, fatigue, the whole nine yards. I'll however take a couple days of feeling like crap over possibly transmitting it to my parents or loved ones.
    One patient had a history of gout. The last mutual patient had psoriatic arthritis and was on humira, never previously treated with HCQ (failed MTX). She prescribes it with zpak and zinc so I was assuming she based this off the French study from March. I still prefer the mAb approach for these individuals.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar

Man sorry to hear that about your sister. I got my second dose of Pfizer on 1/11 and 4 hours after I felt fatigued but by the next day I was fine, no other symptoms. Although 3 days later I got a headache and I have had one every day since but I get frequent headaches at times so and I have a cervical disc issue going on so not sure if the headaches related to the vaccine or not. Most of my colleagues haven't had any major symptoms.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    One patient had a history of gout. The last mutual patient had psoriatic arthritis and was on humira, never previously treated with HCQ (failed MTX). She prescribes it with zpak and zinc so I was assuming she based this off the French study from March. I still prefer the mAb approach for these individuals.
    I agree with your approach, I would rather use the monoclonal antibodies or Remdesivir, it must be just nuances of the specialty I think. I know an Infectious Disease doctor who quotes a study showing higher Vitamin D levels led to less serious COVID infection (I haven't personally read it, but I haven't also had a chance to catch up to literature lately), so she gives 50,000u/week to all her patients.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Man sorry to hear that about your sister. I got my second dose of Pfizer on 1/11 and 4 hours after I felt fatigued but by the next day I was fine, no other symptoms. Although 3 days later I got a headache and I have had one every day since but I get frequent headaches at times so and I have a cervical disc issue going on so not sure if the headaches related to the vaccine or not. Most of my colleagues haven't had any major symptoms.
    Haha oh no worries, she's way tougher and more badass than I could ever be, she just felt like crap for a day, and was back at it. Interesting, I don't remember if she said she got Pfizer or Moderna, I got Pfizer, the symptoms weren't anything crazy, just like kind of getting hit with the flu for a couple days, and then back at it, headaches, and some fatigue. I'm glad to hear that it's well tolerated elsewhere though, she reported that from Baltimore, and I have a friend at Marshall's Internal Medicine program saying the same, through the safety profile seems the number matches what they saw from the trials just going by naked eye.