Page 199 of 763 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299699 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

There have been 1,247 coronavirus deaths in Ohio’s nursing homes and other long-term care facilities, which is 70% of the state’s 1,781 confirmed and probable coronavirus deaths, according to new data from the state health department.
    https://www.dispatch.com/news/202005...are-facilities

What a joke.

In a sort of related way, I was wondering what will happen when this all settles down.
    People of my age group are use to shaking hands when meeting, and if you know the lady, perhaps a hug.
    I notice guys a little younger do a handshake, with a half-hug type thing thrown in...I guess if it's a good buddy.

If you have a close circle of friends and are out to eat, it's not at all unusual to give someone's spouse a hug and quick kiss, if they are good friends.

Some Europeans seem to go in for the 2 sided, or 3 sided, kissing of the cheek...men and women. That would mean passing your mouth in close proximity to the other person's mouth/nose a couple of time when you switch sides. And they seem to do this even if casual acquaintances. The 2 sided seems to be prevalent in the greeting of diplomats you see on TV.

Anyway, I wonder how we'll all return to our normal customs and if anything will get changed. I'm thinking the Japanese and some Middle Eastern cultures with the bowing (that they've always done for centuries) will have an easier time of it all.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Patrick Ewing is currently in the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Patrick Ewing is currently in the hospital.
    Probably needed a distraction from the disaster that his occurring around his program. Probably praying the season gets cancelled. I am sure he will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Everybody seems to just be passing over this, but this is an #EpicFail by DewActon.
    All of the solicitious, sympathetic, soft wordsmithing by Acton, then laying down a much-too-long shutdown of productive Ohioans that has damaged the economy immensely. All the while, allowing the most at-risk in society to be decimated, when they should have been the ones who were focused on and most protected.

The more time goes by on this, the worse Dewine and Acton look...and when history is written, their actions will be seen as misguided at best and stupid at worst.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I had a weird day. I coached a baseball practice, played golf at a packed course (got a drink at the bar in the clubhouse) and then went out to eat at a restaurant (where I sat inside). Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I had a weird day. I coached a baseball practice, played golf at a packed course (got a drink at the bar in the clubhouse) and then went out to eat at a restaurant (where I sat inside). Crazy.
    You are going to die.

As we all are. Glad you had some fun along the way!

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Damn, I tried to go t0 5:30 mass but it was closed. Called trump but he couldn't get off the golf course.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    You are going to die.

As we all are. Glad you had some fun along the way!
    That is perhaps the only prediction ever posted on this board that is actually a lead pipe lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Everybody seems to just be passing over this, but this is an #EpicFail by DewActon.
    All of the solicitious, sympathetic, soft wordsmithing by Acton, then laying down a much-too-long shutdown of productive Ohioans that has damaged the economy immensely. All the while, allowing the most at-risk in society to be decimated, when they should have been the ones who were focused on and most protected.

The more time goes by on this, the worse Dewine and Acton look...and when history is written, their actions will be seen as misguided at best and stupid at worst.
    It shows how wrong the media has been. They praise Dewine for his "leadership" but De Santis is the bad guy. De Santis took special precautions for those in nursing homes while Dewine just decided to treat everyone the same, lock us all down, tank our business, and then take all the credit (for what I'm not sure).