Page 414 of 763 FirstFirst ... 314364404412413414415416424464514 ... LastLast
Results 4,131 to 4,140 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by tacopizza885 View Post
    So, just a (VERY LOADED) question here... Does anyone fear we are heading back to The Dark Ages? The reason I ask, is because any past pandemic or viral outbreak (which has been handled successfully) has included swift vaccinations and public awareness. Have we forgotten history? And when medicine and science stomped a polio outbreak in NYC in a very short time period?

If you look at the numbers, polls suggest a majority of Trump supporters refuse to get the vaccine (nano chips, deep state, conspiracy), and many more refuse to wear masks (screw aerosol science, and those that provide protection to hospitals and doctors). COVID-19 has devastated countries from Italy to Brazil, but still, in our country, it's a conspiracy (for some).

I wonder where this narrative takes us. Find a cure for cancer? Diabetes? Multiple Sclerosis? Lou Gehrig's disease? Religion and natural selection will prevail! Toughen up buttercup, it's God's way (science and research is the devil).

As a proud Ohioan, looking at social media and comments on The Ohio Department of Health social media pages, I fear we are heading in the wrong direction.

But this thread is about coronavirus specifically. So I must note, I have "COVID ARM", a rash developed several days after injection (for me 9 days) around the injection site. This seems to be a quite common side effect of the Moderna vaccine. It's itchy, but harmless.
    Don’t know. FL seems about as good as CA without or minimal restrictions. We’ll see how TX does but there’s a new variable rapidly entering that equation. By science, Dr F and the CDC have been all over the map on this one so it’s tough to really do a cost/benefit analysis. Let’s see if opening some states causes a massive deadly outbreak or if it’s something not nearly as devastating as the economic and mental health toll.

That said. I’ll get the vax when it makes sense. I’m not in the at risk pop so I’ll wait my turn. Still wear my mask out even if it isn’t quite clear on the extent of benefits. I will not wear two masks. Ever. That is too dumb to tolerate.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Don’t know. FL seems about as good as CA without or minimal restrictions. We’ll see how TX does but there’s a new variable rapidly entering that equation. By science, Dr F and the CDC have been all over the map on this one so it’s tough to really do a cost/benefit analysis. Let’s see if opening some states causes a massive deadly outbreak or if it’s something not nearly as devastating as the economic and mental health toll.

That said. I’ll get the vax when it makes sense. I’m not in the at risk pop so I’ll wait my turn. Still wear my mask out even if it isn’t quite clear on the extent of benefits. I will not wear two masks. Ever. That is too dumb to tolerate.
    The data from Florida has given me some hope. They eased restrictions much earlier and are middle of the pack. Maybe some benefit to the weather and being able to do more outside. Who knows.

Back in October, I was actually in the same room as someone who called in sick the next day. Turned out to be COVID. We were both masked and distanced, but it gave me a strong belief that masks help limit the spread.

I was able to get vaccinated, but where I live have to wear masks most places anyway. Actually going forward, depending on where I am, I might wear a mask anyway. Not because of COVID but because I've kind of enjoyed not even having a cold this past year. i used to take public transportation to work everyday and that seems like a good place to wear a mask permanently.
    Last edited by Mrs. Garrett; 03-22-2021 at 09:28 AM.

That doesn't make any sense. Wearing a mask on public transportation isn't going to prevent YOU from getting sick. Unless you're wearing around an N95.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. Wearing a mask on public transportation isn't going to prevent YOU from getting sick. Unless you're wearing around an N95.
    Okay guy who doesn't have a medical degree. You do it your way and I'll do it mine.

Okay. I probably wasn't going to come up to Chicago and rip the mask off your face anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrett View Post
    Okay guy who doesn't have a medical degree. You do it your way and I'll do it mine.
    Mrs. G wears a gaiter. Guaranteed.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Sophomore
    How in the hell did the human race survive until the 21st century without masks? Truly amazing....

I'm definitely not a "forever masker", but we HAVE killed off large portions of various populations as a result of communicable diseases over the course of human history.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont Sanford View Post
    Mrs. G wears a gaiter. Guaranteed.
    It's GATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrett View Post
    The data from Florida has given me some hope. They eased restrictions much earlier and are middle of the pack. Maybe some benefit to the weather and being able to do more outside. Who knows.

Back in October, I was actually in the same room as someone who called in sick the next day. Turned out to be COVID. We were both masked and distanced, but it gave me a strong belief that masks help limit the spread.

I was able to get vaccinated, but where I live have to wear masks most places anyway. Actually going forward, depending on where I am, I might wear a mask anyway. Not because of COVID but because I've kind of enjoyed not even having a cold this past year. i used to take public transportation to work everyday and that seems like a good place to wear a mask permanently.
    Same. Getting tired of wearing it in the gym. What’s a gaiter?