Page 71 of 763 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171571 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Because I absolutely do not believe 10 million people are going to be infected with this in the us. That surpasses every country's percentage by an astronomical amount that have had it in their country for far longer. Now I understand not everyone has been tested and it hasnt played out completely etc but let's take italy for example...60 million people, about 100k confirmed...let's just say it's really like 600k infected....correspondingly given same percentages that would be 3 million affected in the us. Even at 2 percent which I think is high that's 60,000 deaths.
    As far as I know, no country has yet to see a decrease in number of cars per day. No one has peaked yet. There's no way to tell how many will be infected. We'll need a 70% infection rate to get herd immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    As far as I know, no country has yet to see a decrease in number of cars per day. No one has peaked yet. There's no way to tell how many will be infected. We'll need a 70% infection rate to get herd immunity.
    I heard one Dr on TV say it was more like 85-90%.

Junior
    A positive piece of news is that there are some indications that this is asymptomatic in 50% of people? And we haven't discovered that due to limited testing?

A positive piece of news is that there are some indications that this is asymptomatic in 50% of people? And we haven't discovered that due to limited testing?
    Crazy, and a huge part of what makes it so dangerous! I took groceries to my 92 year old mom today. I kept my distance, but told her to wipe everything with the disinfectant wipes, toss the trash and WASH HER HANDS. I feel fine, but how do I know? Who knows when that stuff was put on the shelves, and by whom? It’s those sneaky carriers!

Last edited by xu82; 04-01-2020 at 08:22 PM.

Junior
    Yeah I guess that's a double-edged sword. Good for herd immunity, bad for preventing spread.

Figuring out why they are asymptomatic would be a nice piece of knowledge.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    I would be SHOCKED (get it?) if it were the same.
    Public reps. The 'rona is holding me down.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    I would be SHOCKED (get it?) if it were the same.
    Lol. Fat fingers and stupid auto correct on my phone.

Supporting Member
    Italy appears to be dropping in new cases per day.
    https://www.worldometers.info/corona...country/italy/
    South Korea for sure is, as that site shows.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17