Page 78 of 763 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178578 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    If you’re infected or not, this is such a difficult time for so many. Not talking about day to day inconveniences for most being at home, but for those patients and providers in the hospital system. This virus has changed so much on how we treat, who we should treat and for what.

First I would like to send my best for those (personally, family or friends) who actually has the virus. However, there are many who have been compromised because of the rules and guidelines. Unfortunately, I lost my father-in-law this week and we had to make so many tough, life changing, and complicated decisions just to see him. I guess my point is to not only pray for those with disease, but also to those making life and death decisions.
    Ohh.....so very sorry to hear this. It’s a difficult, complicated and unprecedented time for so many.

Prayers to you, your family and all the people affected here. Especially the healthcare workers who walk into harms way every day, knowing they risk themselves and their families.

I lost my FIL more than 25 years ago right after Christmas. It’s still a sensitive time in our home. You move on, but you never forget. God bless!
    Last edited by xu82; 04-05-2020 at 11:19 AM.

If you’re infected or not, this is such a difficult time for so many. Not talking about day to day inconveniences for most being at home, but for those patients and providers in the hospital system. This virus has changed so much on how we treat, who we should treat and for what.

First I would like to send my best for those (personally, family or friends) who actually has the virus. However, there are many who have been compromised because of the rules and guidelines. Unfortunately, I lost my father-in-law this week and we had to make so many tough, life changing, and complicated decisions just to see him. I guess my point is to not only pray for those with disease, but also to those making life and death decisions.
    I'm incredibly sorry to hear that, and incredibly sorry for your loss. It's such a strange time for everybody in society right now, and it's going to leave a lot of questions to be answered when it's all said and done. I wouldn't wish a loss on anybody, and I'll keep you in my thoughts, along with everyone else here that is going through something. We never truly know another person's struggle or what they're going through, I think this definitely serves as a good reminder to just be kind to everyone as we go through some strange uncharted territory.

I wish healthcare providers were adequately equipped, I wish people didn't have to live in a constant state of fear over something unknown, I wish we had a stronger preparation response in the beginning, having testing, respirators, etc. being mass produced, just in case. I wish countless lives were able to be spared, the chances of recovering from this are very good, but it's just shitty that this spread so quickly, I honestly didn't think it would get THIS bad in the beginning. So I do hope all of you guys are doing well, and staying safe.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar

Sorry to hear this.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Looking at how unprepared the U.S. has been for COVID-19, we’re lucky this is a relatively minor pandemic. What would happen if this had been like small pox (twice as contagious and over 20-times as deadly as COVID-19)? Or if it just had the contagiousness of the measles (Ro 6-times greater than COVID-19), or the deadliness of Ebola (roughly 100-times greater death rate than COVID-19)? Or worse, some super virus with the greater contagiousness and death rates?

Compared to other pandemics and what could happen, COVID-19 is child’s play - a glorified flu (2-times as contagious, 6 to 7 times as deadly as influenza, based on current estimates). We better learn our lessons from this and be prepared. History and science tell us it’s not if, but when.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    Looking at how unprepared the U.S. has been for COVID-19, we’re lucky this is a relatively minor pandemic. What would happen if this had been like small pox (twice as contagious and over 20-times as deadly as COVID-19)? Or if it just had the contagiousness of the measles (Ro 6-times greater than COVID-19), or the deadliness of Ebola (roughly 100-times greater death rate than COVID-19)? Or worse, some super virus with the greater contagiousness and death rates?

Compared to other pandemics and what could happen, COVID-19 is child’s play - a glorified flu (2-times as contagious, 6 to 7 times as deadly as influenza, based on current estimates). We better learn our lessons from this and be prepared. History and science tell us it’s not if, but when.
    As bad as this seems, hopefully to bright side is it serves as a wake up call so we are more prepared for the next time, regardless of severity.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    As bad as this seems, hopefully to bright side is it serves as a wake up call so we are more prepared for the next time, regardless of severity.
    Sure, we'll get super prepared for coronavirus, but next time will be something different, and we'll be completely unprepared for whatever that is. Just how things go. We tend to prepare for what has already happened and not for what's coming next.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Sure, we'll get super prepared for coronavirus, but next time will be something different, and we'll be completely unprepared for whatever that is. Just how things go. We tend to prepare for what has already happened and not for what's coming next.
    I agree with this. And I can’t remember but what did we do when H1N1 hit?
    Last edited by xavierj; 04-05-2020 at 02:48 PM.

New daily cases continue to go up, unfortunately. Over 100k new cases April 3rd, the first time we hit 6 figures.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    New disease, sure, so it might not be ventilators, but not having masks and gowns, etc is inexcusable! That kind of stuff should be stockpiled. What is being asked of far too many health care workers should never happen. Garbage bags? Are you serious???

And keeping the beaches open to collect spring break revenue? Bad time to have Mardis Gras. There is a lot to be learned form this. Our Governor said just a couple days ago that he had learned in the last 24 hours the virus could be spread by people without symptoms. Is HE THAT stupid, or does he think WE are that stupid? How long ago did you know that???

Last edited by xu82; 04-05-2020 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    I agree with this. And I can’t remember but what did we do when H1N1 hit?
    It was just over 10 years ago and I remember hearing about it, but don’t remember quarantines, stay at home orders, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.