Page 186 of 763 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286686 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    Here’s some positive news about long-term immunity. It also may explain how so many infections are asymptomatic.
    https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...term-immunity#
    The research and studies on this thing are all over the place.

And here’s one more article about how catastrophic wrong models can be..as well as “narrative proving” reporting.
    Please note, especially Paul, that Real Clear Politics is hugely unbiased, but strongly calls out the Washington Post and NY Times for their one-sided reporting.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ns_143215.html
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    I'm 70, and 9-10 weeks into this, I still don't know of anyone who has had Covid 19. The article about T cells is very interesting. People in my age group mostly all had measles, chicken pox, and mumps as children. Could there be some lifetime T cell based immunity some of us developed ? I just find it strange that of all the people in their 60s and 70s I know, no one is ill. This includes 100 or so volunteers at the Hospital where I volunteered or the 40 or so people I played pickleball with every day.
    And I’ll be 70 later this year and same thing. Know no one who has gotten this and the same with everybody we know.
    Where the hell is it?

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    That’s a question I’d love to have someone ask Fauci, Acton, any of the medical professionals we keep hearing from. If this is so contagious, it’s probably safe to assume there are millions, maybe tens of millions, of people infected who are either asymptomatic, or recovered on their own. If that’s true, then the disease is nowhere near as fatal as we’ve been lead to believe. The fatality rate would be fractions of a percent.

If that’s not the case, then it’s not as contagious as we’ve been told. Again, that makes it not as fatal as we’ve been lead to believe. Yes, I know that social distancing is having an impact on the spread of the disease. Still, it seems to be not nearly as serious of a problem as we’ve been told.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Which is why testing is so key. Maybe we discover it isn’t a big deal? Maybe we discover herd immunity already exists? Maybe we find that we can isolate outbreaks and lift restrictions on everyone else? All of these are possible once we have actual data so we don’t need to rely on models based on incomplete or possibly inaccurate data.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    And I’ll be 70 later this year and same thing. Know no one who has gotten this and the same with everybody we know.
    Where the hell is it?
    It is only affecting the global warming crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    Which is why testing is so key. Maybe we discover it isn’t a big deal? Maybe we discover herd immunity already exists? Maybe we find that we can isolate outbreaks and lift restrictions on everyone else? All of these are possible once we have actual data so we don’t need to rely on models based on incomplete or possibly inaccurate data.
    BUT!! Just because increased testing may indicate more positive cases it doesn’t mean much. The REAL measure is Hospitalizations and ICU’s. If they don’t go up much, wtf is the problem past a regular cold/flu?

CNN and the Times/Post/MSNBC/NBC/ABC reporting will have you believe that more cases is a disaster, when all it really is is just more data in the bank.
    If those cases don’t get hospitalized then Big F-ing deal. All those reports are is more fear mongering.

And here’s one more article about how catastrophic wrong models can be..as well as “narrative proving” reporting.
    Please note, especially Paul, that Real Clear Politics is hugely unbiased, but strongly calls out the Washington Post and NY Times for their one-sided reporting.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ns_143215.html
    I don't know much about RCP, but I do know that 538's Nate Silver is unquestionably on the left but has the same issues with the media's coverage of COVID. He was on Brian Stelter's podcast this weekend and laid out his three biggest issues:

1. Not enough recognition that the available data is very limited and imperfect and can lead to incorrect conclusions.
    2. Not accounting enough for the uncertainty that is inherent in a brand new disease and being reluctant to recognize that what we know changes as more research happens.
    3. Media worrying to much about the effect of their reporting instead of clearly stating facts. (For example, worry that a completely honest report would lead to people breaking lock downs)

2023 Sweet 16

Huh? I'm not in this discussion. Sorry.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

One more unbiased FACT FILLED report from outside the USA on this virus.

https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/