Page 642 of 655 FirstFirst ... 142542592632640641642643644652 ... LastLast
Results 6,411 to 6,420 of 6546

Thread: Covid-19

  1. #6411
    Supporting Member MADXSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Finneytown
    Posts
    6,890
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Random thoughts:

    3 - Have been in Rotary for as long as they have led the fight against Polio, over 35 years. With a massive effort, money and volunteers, polio is down to a couple cases this year in Afghanistan and Pakistan. If we were focused on getting everyone vaccinated, we could have saved (as we have with polio) thousands of lives.


    The fact that we can't get most of our citizens vaccinated, and help stamp down this disease, is sad for me. I hope you all get your shots.
    You shouldn't be sad. The rate of having people vaccinated is going much faster than with Polio.

    I'm pretty sure it took about 8 years for the US to be vaccinated and not everyone participated. It was a 3 or 4 shot system with a booster AND just like today there were a lot of people who didn't trust the vaccine or the long term effects. Also many did not go back for follow up shots.
    Balls of Steele!!

  2. #6412
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,008
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Random thoughts:
    1 - Ireland's death rate is less than 1/2 of the USA's. Maybe by getting to the Ireland vaccination rates, we could have prevented a lot of deaths.
    2- I've looked at Massachusetts web site, and can't find the numbers referred to: direct covid deaths in vaccinated people. Help if you can. With a lot of people vaccinated, and people dying all the time, are the 40% deaths "from Covid" or from anything and the people happen to be vaccinated.
    3 - Have been in Rotary for as long as they have led the fight against Polio, over 35 years. With a massive effort, money and volunteers, polio is down to a couple cases this year in Afghanistan and Pakistan. If we were focused on getting everyone vaccinated, we could have saved (as we have with polio) thousands of lives.
    4 - Each night I see ads on TV for medicine. At least 1/2 of every spot is devoted to cautions, complications, who shouldn't take the advertised medicine, etc.
    Like any vaccine, there are going to be people for whom it is contra-indicated. And there will be some very small percentage of adverse reactions. And like the flu, perhaps we'll have to continue to take shots every year.

    The fact that we can't get most of our citizens vaccinated, and help stamp down this disease, is sad for me. I hope you all get your shots.
    1) Looks like their 2nd wave is just ramping up.... just give it a little more time before you do your final analysis....

    2) See third section: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/ma...ta-and-updates

    3) That's the prevailing narrative, right?

    4) How many medicines have been pulled from the market, or drug companies have been sued - after the FDA has approved those drugs?

  3. #6413
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,008
    From the UK Health Security Agency:

    "N antibody levels appear to be lower in individuals who acquire infection following 2 doses of vaccination."

    https://assets.publishing.service.go...rt-week-42.pdf

    "This is evidence that our vaccines may permanently compromise immunity to SARS-2, via Original Antigenic Sin — the phenomenon, long observed in the antibody response to influenza infections, that initial exposure to a pathogen (or a spike protein) shapes all subsequent immune responses to mutated, recombined or reassorted instances of that pathogen. Our Corona vaccines elicit antibodies against the spike protein alone, while natural infection provokes antibodies against other virus proteins as well, including the nucleocapsid or N protein. The broad spectrum of natural immune response is why recovered individuals enjoy much greater and longer-lasting protection, than people who have been merely vaccinated."

    "In the very same PHE report, we find an updated version of what is becoming the world’s most disturbing graph. Infections in the vaccinated continue to outpace infections in the unvaccinated by ever greater amounts,"

    "Mass vaccination has drastically altered the environment in which SARS-2 circulates. This was always expected to change the behaviour of the virus – just not in this precise way. In return for only limited protection against severe outcomes, the vaccines appear to encourage the spread of SARS-2, in multiple different ways."

    https://eugyppius.substack.com/p/mas...ay-permanently

  4. #6414
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,008
    From the UK Health Security Agency ----> Check out "Figure 2" on page 17:

    https://assets.publishing.service.go...rt-week-42.pdf

    Remember, the UK is much further ahead of the vax curve than the US - so, this is what is coming to the US shortly down the road.

  5. #6415
    Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    From the UK Health Security Agency ----> Check out "Figure 2" on page 17:

    https://assets.publishing.service.go...rt-week-42.pdf

    Remember, the UK is much further ahead of the vax curve than the US - so, this is what is coming to the US shortly down the road.
    If the rate of infection is higher in the vaccinated population than in the unvaccinated population, doesn't this imply that the vaccine could be weakening immunity to infection?

  6. #6416
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,008
    Quote Originally Posted by principal View Post
    If the rate of infection is higher in the vaccinated population than in the unvaccinated population, doesn't this imply that the vaccine could be weakening immunity to infection?
    That is the theory. No one in the mainstream that I'm aware of has acknowledged this, and I don't think anyone in "alternative" media is saying this is proven or fact at this point, but is being discussed as a theory/possible explanation.

    Edit: FWIW, you may want to give this a read for more background - it was just published today:

    https://noqreport.com/2021/10/26/bom...riant-is-here/
    Last edited by XU_Lou; 10-26-2021 at 01:28 PM.

  7. #6417
    Junior Strange Brew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Denver, Co
    Posts
    4,021
    Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    That is the theory. No one in the mainstream that I'm aware of has acknowledged this, and I don't think anyone in "alternative" media is saying this is proven or fact at this point, but is being discussed as a theory/possible explanation.

    Edit: FWIW, you may want to give this a read for more background - it was just published today:

    https://noqreport.com/2021/10/26/bom...riant-is-here/
    What's the consensus of the "medical community". You know, SCIENCE!
    If life seems jolly rotten
    There's something you've forgotten
    And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

  8. #6418
    Healthier lifestyle, no masks, no lockdowns, no vaccines…the Amish:

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O1DgWYdukZU

    Too many people like this and the government would lose control and the medical community would go broke.

  9. #6419
    Supporting Member paulxu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    17,154
    A perspective on the situation in the United Kingdom.

    https://digbysblog.net/2021/10/25/wh...uk-is-surging/
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

  10. #6420
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,008
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Random thoughts:
    1 - Ireland's death rate is less than 1/2 of the USA's. Maybe by getting to the Ireland vaccination rates, we could have prevented a lot of deaths.
    2- I've looked at Massachusetts web site, and can't find the numbers referred to: direct covid deaths in vaccinated people. Help if you can. With a lot of people vaccinated, and people dying all the time, are the 40% deaths "from Covid" or from anything and the people happen to be vaccinated.
    3 - Have been in Rotary for as long as they have led the fight against Polio, over 35 years. With a massive effort, money and volunteers, polio is down to a couple cases this year in Afghanistan and Pakistan. If we were focused on getting everyone vaccinated, we could have saved (as we have with polio) thousands of lives.
    4 - Each night I see ads on TV for medicine. At least 1/2 of every spot is devoted to cautions, complications, who shouldn't take the advertised medicine, etc.
    Like any vaccine, there are going to be people for whom it is contra-indicated. And there will be some very small percentage of adverse reactions. And like the flu, perhaps we'll have to continue to take shots every year.

    The fact that we can't get most of our citizens vaccinated, and help stamp down this disease, is sad for me. I hope you all get your shots.
    Paul, I'm going to pull a Jen Psaki on you and circle back to you with regards to #2. In addition to Ireland appearing to be ramping-up into their 2nd wave, there are two other reasons why they may have a lower death rate than the US:

    * Ireland has a lower number of senior citizens. 13.8% of their population is 65+, vs 16.5% for the US.

    * Ireland also has a much lower obesity rate than the US: 25.3% vs. 36.2%

    https://ourworldindata.org/obesity

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •