Page 640 of 655 FirstFirst ... 140540590630638639640641642650 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,400 of 6545

Thread: Covid-19

  1. #6391
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,008
    Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    Here are the numbers as of 8/4, so it's not skewed from the numbers before people were vaccinated (tired to upload a screenshot of the numbers but the site isn't letting me). Compared to the current data, you have the following:

    Covid hospitalizations since 8/4, unvaccinated - 13852
    Covid hospitalizations since 8/4 vaccinated - 1200

    Covid deaths since 8/4, unvaccinated - 2904
    Covid deaths since 8/4, vaccinated - 163

    So looking at the numbers for the last 2 1/2 months, the overwhelming majority of those folks in Ohio who were not only hospitalized, but died from Covid, were unvaccinated.
    I didn't see it, but does the website save the older reports? I want to know what's going on currently. Including data from August dilutes the impact from the growing number of vaccine failures - whether the efficacy is wearing out after ~5 months, or they're not protecting against the Delta variant.

    Here's the MASS data going back a few more weeks. The first weekly number in this list is from 8/25. As you can see the percent of vaxxed deaths has been trending higher since that August date:

    17.1%
    26.5%
    29.0%
    40.5%
    29.1%
    38.5%
    44.7%
    44.6%
    32.5%

    If you have links to prior weeks, please post them, as I looked and could not find them on the site.

  2. #6392
    Supporting Member xu82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    10,647
    Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    I didn't see it, but does the website save the older reports? I want to know what's going on currently. Including data from August dilutes the impact from the growing number of vaccine failures - whether the efficacy is wearing out after ~5 months, or they're not protecting against the Delta variant.

    Here's the MASS data going back a few more weeks. The first weekly number in this list is from 8/25. As you can see the percent of vaxxed deaths has been trending higher since that August date:

    17.1%
    26.5%
    29.0%
    40.5%
    29.1%
    38.5%
    44.7%
    44.6%
    32.5%

    If you have links to prior weeks, please post them, as I looked and could not find them on the site.
    I’m sick of this, and don’t follow it closely these days. I have other interests. Are you an anti-Vax guy? That appears to indicate that the vaccines are a very good thing, even if they may wear off after time. Maybe the boosters are indeed a very good thing?

    Numbers can be worked in so many ways, but what Chico posted looked quite convincing, if true.

  3. #6393
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,008
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I’m sick of this, and don’t follow it closely these days. I have other interests. Are you an anti-Vax guy? That appears to indicate that the vaccines are a very good thing, even if they may wear off after time. Maybe the boosters are indeed a very good thing?

    Numbers can be worked in so many ways, but what Chico posted looked quite convincing, if true.
    Three questions for you:

    1) What's the name of this thread?

    2) Am I, or is anyone else forcing you to read this everyday (your first two sentences don't correspond with the fact that you feel a need to comment on this thread everyday - moreover, you seem to have a real need to express this sentiment on a fairly regular basis)?

    3) Are you threatened in anyway by this information, or do you just hate freedom of speech? Do you think if I and the other skeptics on this board stopped posting that we could then all hold hands and sing Kumbaya?

  4. #6394
    Supporting Member xu82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    10,647
    Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    Three questions for you:

    1) What's the name of this thread?

    2) Am I, or is anyone else forcing you to read this everyday (your first two sentences don't correspond with the fact that you feel a need to comment on this thread everyday - moreover, you seem to have a real need to express this sentiment on a fairly regular basis)?

    3) Are you threatened in anyway by this information, or do you just hate freedom of speech? Do you think if I and the other skeptics on this board stopped posting that we could then all hold hands and sing Kumbaya?
    1) I think it’s the “XU LOU and friends and we will chase your ass away if you don’t agree with us thread.”

    2) I will read this thread any time I want, because I don’t give a rip what you think. I just find you mildly amusing.

    3) I’m not threatened at all, because I’m not as insanely invested as you are. I’m a huge fan of freedom of speech (here I am!), but not a big fan of blind ignorance. You call yourself a skeptic? That’s fine. I’m skeptical of how you have not answered Chico’s stats, but instead attack me just for posting.

    Here’s a news flash for you - you are so out of touch most people just don’t come here anymore and read, much less comment. Your commitment to making this political rather than fact related has offended so many people you have created your own little echo chamber. But I’ll drop in whenever I want, whether you like it or not.

  5. #6395
    Supporting Member waggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gold Country
    Posts
    11,042
    Yeah these vaccines are so great they had to change the definition of vaccine.

  6. #6396
    All-Conference
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,730
    Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    Yeah these vaccines are so great they had to change the definition of vaccine.
    Just an FYI, they had to change the definition of vaccine because people are stupid (or a nicer way of saying it for clarity) not because of what you are implying.

  7. #6397
    Supporting Member chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,681
    Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    I didn't see it, but does the website save the older reports? I want to know what's going on currently. Including data from August dilutes the impact from the growing number of vaccine failures - whether the efficacy is wearing out after ~5 months, or they're not protecting against the Delta variant.

    Here's the MASS data going back a few more weeks. The first weekly number in this list is from 8/25. As you can see the percent of vaxxed deaths has been trending higher since that August date:

    17.1%
    26.5%
    29.0%
    40.5%
    29.1%
    38.5%
    44.7%
    44.6%
    32.5%

    If you have links to prior weeks, please post them, as I looked and could not find them on the site.
    No, the website doesn't save old data or give weekly reports. As I said earlier, I have a screenshot of the data as of 8/4 which I tried to post here but for some reason I cannot post it - when I try I get an "upload of file failed" message. Converted it to a jpeg and pdf but neither will upload. Regardless, the numbers I posted are the number as of 8/4. I then took the numbers from the most current data on the Ohio website, backed out the numbers prior to 8/4, and posted those numbers. So what you have is the data from 8/4 to now. It is not broken down by week.

    Now maybe they're trending higher as the weeks go on but we'll have to check the data "manually" week by week to be sure. Even if it is trending higher, only 5% of deaths (and 8% of hospitalizations) since 8/4 were unvaccinated, so if the trend is higher I can't see it being anywhere near what you say is happening in Mass.

    Have you checked any other state's data?

  8. #6398
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,008
    Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    No, the website doesn't save old data or give weekly reports. As I said earlier, I have a screenshot of the data as of 8/4 which I tried to post here but for some reason I cannot post it - when I try I get an "upload of file failed" message. Converted it to a jpeg and pdf but neither will upload. Regardless, the numbers I posted are the number as of 8/4. I then took the numbers from the most current data on the Ohio website, backed out the numbers prior to 8/4, and posted those numbers. So what you have is the data from 8/4 to now. It is not broken down by week.

    Now maybe they're trending higher as the weeks go on but we'll have to check the data "manually" week by week to be sure. Even if it is trending higher, only 5% of deaths (and 8% of hospitalizations) since 8/4 were unvaccinated, so if the trend is higher I can't see it being anywhere near what you say is happening in Mass.

    Have you checked any other state's data?
    Regarding MASS - here are the % vax cases per week:

    34.8%
    35.5%
    37.0%
    39.1%
    36.9%
    39.9%
    41.8%
    44.5%
    37.1%

    And the % vax hospitalizations:

    28.7%
    28.4%
    26.6%
    28.6%
    33.2%
    30.6%
    31.3%
    31.5%
    31.6%

    MASS keeps old weekly vax reports on their site. You can also download the raw data in Excel format: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/co...onse-reporting

    I recently found out that WV also publishes vax breakthrough data. Here's what I have for the last two weeks:

    % vax cases per week:

    7.0%
    15.4%

    % vax deaths per week:

    10.1%
    13.1%

    https://dhhr.wv.gov/COVID-19/Pages/default.aspx

    I'm not aware of any other states that publish this data.

  9. #6399
    Freshman
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    1) I think it’s the “XU LOU and friends and we will chase your ass away if you don’t agree with us thread.”

    2) I will read this thread any time I want, because I don’t give a rip what you think. I just find you mildly amusing.

    3) I’m not threatened at all, because I’m not as insanely invested as you are. I’m a huge fan of freedom of speech (here I am!), but not a big fan of blind ignorance. You call yourself a skeptic? That’s fine. I’m skeptical of how you have not answered Chico’s stats, but instead attack me just for posting.

    Here’s a news flash for you - you are so out of touch most people just don’t come here anymore and read, much less comment. Your commitment to making this political rather than fact related has offended so many people you have created your own little echo chamber. But I’ll drop in whenever I want, whether you like it or not.
    Please don’t be too hard on Lou or minimize the importance of this thread. Don’t you see that as long as Lou is preoccupied with this thread and directs all his insufferable, inane ramblings here, there is less chance he will infiltrate basketball threads once the season begins.

  10. #6400
    Supporting Member chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,681
    A quick google search turned up articles from Kentucky and Indiana which both showed unvaccinated deaths in line with Ohio's data, but no state website with hard data.

    What is interesting, though, is how the numbers work versus the total population that has been vaccinated. In Mass for instance, almost 70% of the population has been vaccinated. Now with more people being vaccinated it follows that a higher percentage of people dying would be higher (for instance, if 100% of the population was vaccinated then 100% of deaths would be from those vaccinated). With 70% of the population vaccinated, roughly 30% of deaths are from vaccinated.

    Ohio's vaccination rate is only a little over 50%, and WVA is 41%. With those numbers we're seeing 10% of vaccinated dying from Covid.

    Now obviously the extra 20%-30% being vaccinated does not account for the total increase in vaccination deaths. But still, in Mass. 70% of deaths are from 30% of the population. In other states where we have numbers, 90% of deaths are from 50% of the population.

    I'm not sure what conclusion you're drawing from the data, but I'm seeing pretty clearly that vaccinations are a pretty good defense against dying from covid.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •