Page 230 of 763 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330730 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

We shut down once before. It worked.

We opened back up. It didn't work.

Shutting down once again will probably work again.

Now, stay with me here....

Staying shut down in order for containment to work simply does not work.

I admit (again) that I'm not a medical expert. Having said that, I'm now of the thought that simply letting it run its course is the way to go. If the essential businesses and services such as power, water, truck drivers, grocery stores, and of course hospitals can go on without interruption due to being overwhelmed, then don't shut anything down. Let it spread. It may be the only way to get it to go away. It isn't like waiting out a tornado. You can't just go inside, wait for it to go away, and then come back out. It may have to just run its course. I mean, that is pretty much how we've always done it for the past 100,000 years.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Natural selection arguments aren't very popular these days.

Wear masks, test, contact trace, quarantine the positives.

It has worked in countries that didn't even shut down.

But...you have to do all of those things, not just some.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Protests evidently do not help in containing Covid.
    Apparently it is not “Woke”
    From Cleveland.com just now:

“CLEVELAND, Ohio – Cleveland’s spike in COVID-19 coronavirus cases that has set daily records twice since Thursday has its roots in the days immediately after the Black Lives Matter protest on May 30 in downtown, Public Health Director Merle Gordon said Monday.”

Surprise surprise. The National MSM doesn’t want to talk about that though. I guess the virus is racist. But just keep blaming reopened churches, restaurants and beaches, media.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Protests evidently do not help in containing Covid.
    Apparently it is not “Woke”
    From Cleveland.com just now:

“CLEVELAND, Ohio – Cleveland’s spike in COVID-19 coronavirus cases that has set daily records twice since Thursday has its roots in the days immediately after the Black Lives Matter protest on May 30 in downtown, Public Health Director Merle Gordon said Monday.”

Surprise surprise. The National MSM doesn’t want to talk about that though. I guess the virus is racist. But just keep blaming reopened churches, restaurants and beaches, media.
    Most of the MSM talked about the covid dangers of the protests. It was pretty obvious that a covid spike would very likely be generated by the protests, just like those being generated by "reopened churches, restaurants and beaches", not to mention bars. You apparently would give a pass to the covid effects of the reopenings you mention, so consistency demands that you also give a pass to the protest effects. Your hypocrisy is stunning.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Wear masks, test, contact trace, quarantine the positives.

It has worked in countries that didn't even shut down.

But...you have to do all of those things, not just some.
    How about getting shitfaced drunk at a Senior Frogs? Is that OK?
    Eat Donuts!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    How about getting shitfaced drunk at a Senior Frogs? Is that OK?
    Is that a senor frogs for older or retired frogs?

If social distancing though, I dont see the issue with it.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Most of the MSM talked about the covid dangers of the protests. It was pretty obvious that a covid spike would very likely be generated by the protests, just like those being generated by "reopened churches, restaurants and beaches", not to mention bars. You apparently would give a pass to the covid effects of the reopenings you mention, so consistency demands that you also give a pass to the protest effects. Your hypocrisy is stunning.
    Link? Because I didnt see any mention of it in msm while the protests were going on. I now have seen it mentioned twice since then..once here and once in a Houston paper.

I dont think Mor has a problem with cases rising, he has a problem with the way the media is covering it, so your hypocrisy comment completely missed the mark.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Link? Because I didnt see any mention of it in msm while the protests were going on. I now have seen it mentioned twice since then..once here and once in a Houston paper.

I dont think Mor has a problem with cases rising, he has a problem with the way the media is covering it, so your hypocrisy comment completely missed the mark.
    Here's one from the NY Times, dated May 31. Link: .https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/31/health/protests-coronavirus.html.

And here's one from the Washington Post, also dated May 31. Link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ve-updates-us/.

There are others, but you get the idea.
    Last edited by X-man; 06-29-2020 at 03:07 PM.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Here's one from the NY Times, dated May 31. Link: .https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/31/health/protests-coronavirus.html.

And here's one from the Washington Post, also dated May 31. Link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ve-updates-us/.

There are others, but you get the idea.
    I stand corrected, now I have seen 4.