Page 448 of 763 FirstFirst ... 348398438446447448449450458498548 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,480 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    My son's Covid came indirectly through a basketball tournament. At least we're pretty sure of it since you can't exactly be certain of these things. He had a buddy from school who played in a basketball tournament that I know (from a number of people) ended up with some cases spread. Neither of them are particularly "adept" at mask wearing, and I'm pretty sure that buddy gave it to my son. Who somehow did NOT give it to any of us. We all got it 3 weeks later as a result of some pickleball action. OK, it was probably the beers we had with people at the table AFTER pickleball.

All to say, our 5 person family's 5 cases were 100% related to indoor winter sports. I still wouldn't do anything different in retrospect (other than not have those particular beers that particular day).
    Yea most people are fine don’t have regrets similar to this story

...but it’s a driver of cases that will eventually hospitalize someone and perpetuate this disease that seemingly goes away without a host.

I hear you, but we were going to live our lives (in a way that was consistent with my community's norms).

Yea wasn’t directing that 2nd part at you. Just a general statement directed at those that stated youth basketball was harmless.

I think it was the right thing to do to have youth basketball at some level....but I also saw some gyms that were just absolutely packed with people. I'm glad my kids weren't playing club basketball, because when I happened upon gyms like that on accident it made even me uncomfortable. And I was definitely not the biggest Covid worrier.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    The study did not include basketball.
    Now you are just getting into silly little details....MID doesnt care about details, he's proven that again and again.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Now you are just getting into silly little details....MID doesnt care about details, he's proven that again and again.
    It's a religion for some of these guys. I don't what what drives that type of behavior, but I assume it derives from seeking a sense of superiority over others by rejecting commonly held beliefs / norms. i.e. everybody is wrong but I'm right.
    Eat Donuts!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    It's a religion for some of these guys. I don't what what drives that type of behavior, but I assume it derives from seeking a sense of superiority over others by rejecting commonly held beliefs / norms. i.e. everybody is wrong but I'm right.
    I think some seriously need to get out of their basement and stop going down the rabbit hole of misinformation. I forgot what it was called, maybe The Social Experiment? on Netflix that was released a few months ago that really highlighted how Social Media has caused a lot of the rapid growth of extremism. Once you like something, or even engage with it, you begin seeing more and more and it's a snowball effect, plus it starts making you feel good that you are engaging with an opinion that you share.

Social Dilemma.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    The study did not include basketball.
    The wife’s niece got it, as did almost her entire AAU basketball team. Two of their three daughters got it, but managed to avoid spreading it to the mom who has stage 4 breast cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I think some seriously need to get out of their basement and stop going down the rabbit hole of misinformation. I forgot what it was called, maybe The Social Experiment? on Netflix that was released a few months ago that really highlighted how Social Media has caused a lot of the rapid growth of extremism. Once you like something, or even engage with it, you begin seeing more and more and it's a snowball effect, plus it starts making you feel good that you are engaging with an opinion that you share.
    Misinformation is rampant on all sides of this particular issue which is a problem for everyone.