Page 702 of 734 FirstFirst ... 202602652692700701702703704712 ... LastLast
Results 7,011 to 7,020 of 7331

Thread: Covid-19

Good thoughts coming your way DWest, for you and the wife. Be well and stay safe,
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Yes it is Rx only and pretty limited stock for the time being. Also not available at retail pharmacies for the most part. ODH distributed to places that do monoclonal treatment (mostly hospital systems) to use in the same manner - high risk patients.

Both. Generally state health departments take a small percentage of positive tests and sequence them. The week before Christmas was the changing of the guard so to speak nationally. But patients don’t actually get informed which strain they have. In the scenario X-man presented I would be shocked if it were Delta as the vaccines/boosters hold up very well against Delta. Omicron, not so much which is why we see more breakthroughs and mild cases. If there’s more breakthroughs/reinfections (which nobody is talking about), there’s more mild cases. It’s still quite dangerous in those without prior immunity. You can track variants sampled from your region here. Ohio is region 5.
    My SIL was told that it was Delta, so prepare to be shocked.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    My SIL was told that it was Delta, so prepare to be shocked.
    Told by whom? Just curious because once the tests are done they are sent to a separate lab for genomic sequencing. And I have never seen that data reported back to the ordering provider let alone the patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Told by whom? Just curious because once the tests are done they are sent to a separate lab for genomic sequencing. And I have never seen that data reported back to the ordering provider let alone the patient.
    He said be prepared to be shocked. Haha

Just reading between the lines, don’t think X-man has a lot of confidence in his SIL on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    He said be prepared to be shocked. Haha

Just reading between the lines, don’t think X-man has a lot of confidence in his SIL on this issue.
    Haha yes I’m shocked if true! I could be mistaken but he started the post with “Yes they can tell the strain” which to my knowledge is true in theory but not in practice. And have never heard of a patient being informed on which strain they have. My theory is she was told by her doctor/provider at the time who was possibly not up to date on circulating strains. Which is not unheard of because that was right when everything shifted. I could be wrong, wouldn’t be the first time.

My anecdotal advice to those with Covid is to take long strolls if you're up to it. Not a brisk walk, but just a stroll. Always felt much better after those and much worse when just sitting on the couch or sleeping.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Gonna keep that in mind as I just tested positive this morning. Also apologies in advance for tuning into the game for 10 minutes where X played like absolute dogshit.

Hope you get the mild case, X-band!

Are schools generally open/operating in Cincinnati and where others live? Ours are managing, but obviously a lot of kids are going out sick, and my wife the substiture teacher is in high demand! Not the best stretch for our schools during the last 18 months, but it looks like we're going to get through it without having to shut down. At least that is my sense. And I also get to go to my 5th grader's basketball game tonight in a cramped building with like 12 courts full of kids and their parents. So far they've been able to manage to keep that going as well, which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Hope you get the mild case, X-band!

Are schools generally open/operating in Cincinnati and where others live? Ours are managing, but obviously a lot of kids are going out sick, and my wife the substiture teacher is in high demand! Not the best stretch for our schools during the last 18 months, but it looks like we're going to get through it without having to shut down. At least that is my sense. And I also get to go to my 5th grader's basketball game tonight in a cramped building with like 12 courts full of kids and their parents. So far they've been able to manage to keep that going as well, which is nice.
    We are full go at school and have been all year, but some of the districts around us have gone to modified schedules. I'm not aware of anybody going full-remote here in NJ yet. I'm a little surprised since our school district is pretty liberal.

I did hear that Cincinnati Public recently went remote.
    Eat Donuts!

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    I can't speak for the local schools, but the Urgent Care office that I went to this morning was definitely running on fumes. Normally they'd be working about 4 12-hr shifts a week that includes either a Saturday or Sunday, but some folks are working almost the entire week with the inability to hire on new people for the long term.