Page 203 of 763 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303703 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    https://www.dispatch.com/news/202005...onrsquos-worst

I've been told that Dewine is an awesome leader who is handling this pandemic better than anyone...

Every day that goes by DewActon look worse and worse.
    The posts I were making back in early April pointing out the discrepancy in the "modeled" vs Factual numbers of cases, hospitalizations and deaths were designed to be canary in a coalmine type info. They were wrong and hiding the true numbers then, and now they are lying about what they have and would accomplish now. When is the major market media in this state going to start asking tough questions at these daily "Look At Me" press messes?
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

[QUOTE=Masterofreality;676309]
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Where was all the blame of Feds under the SARS epidemic under OBama? I'll bet none came from you.

Twitter fact check: The SARS outbreak was under the Bush administration and killed approximately 0 US citizens.
    Last edited by SemajParlor; 05-28-2020 at 10:51 AM.
    Run the table.

Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    Where was all the blame of Feds under the SARS epidemic under OBama? I'll bet none came from you.
    Twitter fact check: The SARS outbreak was under the Bush administration and killed approximately 0 US citizens.[/QUOTE]

Excuse me. H1N1. Novel Influenza. 2009.
    My mistake.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I'll have to assume he meant H1N1.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    The article I posted earlier came from a reporter from WFMD TV in Mansfield. I don't think that an NBC affiliate in that market would be expressing a bias. It seemed like straight down the line to me. But I agree with most of your post.
    Having watched enough Dewine pressers, that reporter certainly has an angle. Also I am not sure how much faith I put into a guy that regularly posts in his own fan club on Facebook. That being said, makes me happy that he gets to ask his questions, assures me that they are not censoring the questions.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Changes to the Xavier academic calendar:

Classes start a week earlier (August 17th). Adding class on Labor Day and eliminating Fall Break. Last day classes will meet is the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Finals will be online the week after Thanksgiving.

https://www.xavier.edu/coronavirus/

At this point, Commencement ceremony is going to take place live on August 8th. Hard to believe a lot of out of staters coming back for this one.

Moved my daughter out of her house yesterday (yes paid 3 months rent only to have her live at home) and was really sad to see her senior year end like this. Oh well, at least she got job while interviewing virtually during covid and starts next August (fingers crossed).

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I'll have to assume he meant H1N1.
    I'm ok with double checking.
    Run the table.

[QUOTE=Masterofreality;676309]
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post

Welp. You can directly blame Cuomo for the nursing home debacle in New York.
    And, of course, there is the requisite "Blame the Federal Government" when the Federal Government is not run by the political party of your choice, so nice "Subtweet". Where was all the blame of Feds under the SARS epidemic under OBama? I'll bet none came from you.
    Each state has their own different challenges and one size does not fit all. Why shut down North Dakota when New Yorks screws up? All the governors were given the same information and they had to make decisions. Some, like DeSantis, despite the criticism, made the right ones. Some like Cuomo, despite the media praise, and the incredible amount of, yeah, FEDERAL money, equipment and assistance, made wrong calls.
    DeWine is half and half. Good start, bad longer term screwup. But see, that's State's rights and why the Governors are elected. They are the CEO's of their states. That is the Republic that we have.
    I'm going to say this very slowly in hopes that you understand: I. Don't. Have. A. Political. Party. Of. Choice. I find it telling that you seem to be completely unable to understand that as a concept.

Also, yes. I do completely blame Cuomo for the Nursing Home situation in New York and Murphy for the situation in New Jersey. You can hold opinions like that when you don't rely on being spoon fed your opinions from the media outlet of your choice.

As far as the Federal Government goes: I believe that their role is to ensure the greater good when necessary and subordinate to the states otherwise. Coordinating Pandemic response (along with natural disasters) falls under that umbrella for me.

It's also worth noting that states like New York and New Jersey pay billions more in federal taxes than they receive in benefit, so I don't really think they are 'on the dole' so to speak from the Feds.
    Eat Donuts!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    The article I posted earlier came from a reporter from WFMD TV in Mansfield. I don't think that an NBC affiliate in that market would be expressing a bias. It seemed like straight down the line to me. But I agree with most of your post.
    Agreed, I was replying in general to Drudy’s comment and not on that article. The article you posted does show a problem I’ve brought up - this is not just a medical/health issue and the fact that Dewine seems to only be listening to Acton is a major failure.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"