Page 401 of 763 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411451501 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Somebody should go to jail for wasting doses. Geesus, take them over to the nearest nursing home. Common frickin' sense. Use the cellphone alert system to over 70's...1st come 1st served until we run out!!
    Didn’t you mock that approach in FL?

Somebody should go to jail for wasting doses. Geesus, take them over to the nearest nursing home. Common frickin' sense. Use the cellphone alert system to over 70's...1st come 1st served until we run out!!
    I do like your cellphone alert system idea. What scares me about it tho is potential scammers.

Not to take any blame away from SpecialtyRx, but think some of this is due to LTC facilities over ordering and staff denying the shot. However, what SpecialtyRx did was transfer the doses to another vaccine provider, but they didn’t maintain the integrity of the dose before transferring. Ultimately they have been suspended as a vaccine provider and are being investigated by the state. As they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Didn’t you mock that approach in FL?
    Yes, and they changed it.
    2023 Sweet 16

Yes, and they changed it.
    And now you're suggesting it?

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    I do like your cellphone alert system idea. What scares me about it tho is potential scammers.

Not to take any blame away from SpecialtyRx, but think some of this is due to LTC facilities over ordering and staff denying the shot. However, what SpecialtyRx did was transfer the doses to another vaccine provider, but they didn’t maintain the integrity of the dose before transferring. Ultimately they have been suspended as a vaccine provider and are being investigated by the state. As they should be.
    Yeah the over ordering in nursing homes has been a problem. Luckily when they come out for the second shot they offer the first again and there has been more people getting it after declining it the first time around. Probably for various reasons but seeing coworkers get it and be just fine probably helps. But if you brought too many there should be numerous avenues to get those doses used. I believe they are good in refrigeration for up to 5 days after coming out of the deep freeze.

I continue to go back to poor education on the vaccine all around.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Today we got our first shots. Initial distribution in our area was handled by a supermarket chain, and then the Regional Hospital started taking sign ups.
    We went to the hospital site, registered, and then they somehow connected with a CDC involved system called VAMS; that system contacted us and finished the registration process.
    Went to a large armory that was super staffed, well laid out, got my shot 3 minutes after checking in. Very efficiently handled.

They opened up our area to people over 70 a couple weeks ago, after initially limiting it to 75+/health care, etc.
    I looked at the per-state allocations of the vaccines, and they seem to track closely to total population.
    Yet the distribution seems all over the board. My brother, who is 79, lives in Maryland and can't even get registered.
    It's possible that here in South Carolina there may be more anti-vaxers, so the supply opened up quicker to people after the first tier.
    But talking to a buddy in Florida, where he lives it seems like a real CF.

Hope they can keep getting more and more out to people, and that it will cover the variants that are starting to pop up.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Junior
    In Indy. The vaccine registration is handled thru a website. Registered on the 15th on line, got the shot on the 21st @ a local hospital. Easy Peesy.

Sophomore
    We were right all along! Nearly everything that those who dared to question the mainstream media and prevailing thought with regards to Covid are now being proven to be correct.

If you've had Covid, throw away your damn masks!!! Be a human being once again!

From the Washington Post (this isn't new to anyone who has dared to question authority):

"Having the infection activates both antibodies as well as memory B- and T-cells, which teach your immune system to recognize the same virus in the future to swiftly eradicate it.

Natural immunity after covid-19 infection appears to last for at least the one year in which the virus has been circulating at large. Extrapolating from research on the SARS and MERS coronaviruses, it could be much longer. In one study of 176 people infected with SARS, immunity lasted for an average of two years. Another long-term analysis of health-care workers previously infected with SARS found antibodies up to 12 years later. Protective antibodies for the MERS coronavirus have similarly been documented to last for at least three years. And while the 1918 pandemic was caused by an influenza virus, the immune systems of those infected were able to make antibodies to the virus nearly nine decades later, a 2008 Nature study found.

Even mild infections appear to elicit a persistent and functional immune response. One recent European study found that people who had mild or asymptomatic covid-19 mounted a “robust T-cell immunity” afterward. A separate French study affirmed this, noting that some people who lived with a confirmed covid-infected person developed T-cell immunity even when they did not test positive for covid."

and:

“Many medical experts have been dismissive of natural immunity due to prior infection, but there is overwhelming data showing that covid-19 reinfections are rare, and when they do occur, the infection is often mild.”

From the Wall Street Journal:

"Covid spreads more easily than the flu. An overwhelming share of cases are asymptomatic or indistinguishable from ailments that millions of Americans suffer every day. In a country as big, mobile and open as the U.S., there was zero chance of catching and isolating enough spreaders to matter.

Many experts said so at the time, but quietly. Anthony Fauci eventually said so, but quietly. All implicitly knew not to get between the media and its imperative that every big misfortune be played as a failure of inadequate government.

Even when the testing data shouted the truth, the press couldn’t hear it. Our testing misses 70% to 90% of Covid cases and yet 91% of the people being tested for Covid tested negative and were suffering from something else. We were never going to make a dent in the epidemic this way. It was a distraction."

This is precisely why we are now in the range of natural herd immunity (I've posted links on this thread explaining how).

This article provides links to the above quotes, as well as many other sources of news, data and studies: https://www.aier.org/article/all-hail-the-reopening/

As so easily predicted a few weeks ago, cases are rapidly declining - while many researchers are also saying that we have peaked. No, it wasn't the lockdowns, it wasn't the masks, and it isn't the vaccines that have slowed the spread. It's natural herd immunity. Unfortunately Biden and the Democrats will take full credit for this, and the sheople in this country will nod in unison.....

It's so sad to see so many people in this country (and on this board), who can't think for themselves, and have allowed themselves to be treated like sheep.

Supporting Member
    A million vaccinations a day, out enough time from the holidays, but you think the only reason we are seeing a plateau and in some areas a decrease in cases is due to herd immunity and that’s all? Freaking genius.

Not sure how many times you need to be told that masks are for everyone else not solely the wearer.

Sophomore
    so predictable.... Xville is triggered by my presence....