Page 238 of 763 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338738 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    However, I also believe the same thing could be said for the fireworks.
    This wasn't cancelling a private fireworks show. This was the city making the decision to cancel its own fireworks show based on their guidance from the state. Unless there is an inalienable right to have a free firework show put on by your local municipality that I am unaware of, no one's rights were trampled here.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    This wasn't cancelling a private fireworks show. This was the city making the decision to cancel its own fireworks show based on their guidance from the state. Unless there is an inalienable right to have a free firework show put on by your local municipality that I am unaware of, no one's rights were trampled here.
    Uh, it's right there in the 28th Amendment. Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by xeus View Post
    Does that rule apply to everyone?
    If it did, there's no WAY I'd have even 1% of the # of posts I do.

Supporting Member
    I didn't say anything about rights being trampled in the context of the fireworks show. I was more speaking to the hypocritical nature of the two tweets. Sorry but the reason for a large gathering does not matter to me, again the government has been overstepping their jurisdiction for months now and they are picking and choosing what is going to be acceptable and not acceptable. It's a complete double standard, and they (government and media) are a very large part of the blame for how politicized covid has become.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I didn't say anything about rights being trampled in the context of the fireworks show. I was more speaking to the hypocritical nature of the two tweets. Sorry but the reason for a large gathering does not matter to me, again the government has been overstepping their jurisdiction for months now and they are picking and choosing what is going to be acceptable and not acceptable. It's a complete double standard, and they (government and media) are a very large part of the blame for how politicized covid has become.
    Agreed. If large gatherings are not safe, shouldn’t every large gathering be banned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Agreed. If large gatherings are not safe, shouldn’t every large gathering be banned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup, except for BLM Protests and CHOP-like territorial gatherings. The Covid certainly is WOKE!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Yup, except for BLM Protests and CHOP-like territorial gatherings. The Covid certainly is WOKE!
    Hahaha. Don't forget about peaceful gatherings to rip down statues of racist oppressors like Abraham Lincoln and Chris Columbus.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Alex Azar (Secretary of Health & Human Services) says:

schools can safely reopen. “Health care workers don't get infected because they take appropriate precautions. They engage in social distancing, wear facial covering....This can work. You can do all of this, there's no reason schools have to be in any way any different.”

Kaiser Health says at least 600 health care workers have died from the virus.
    So, if a teacher dies, it must be their fault for not doing it right.
    Guess they'll come to school looking like this:

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Or idiots with AR15s outside the statehouse demanding haircuts. Very woke indeed.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Or idiots with AR15s outside the statehouse demanding haircuts. Very woke indeed.
    Or the armed idiots outside the burned down Wendy's in Atlanta where Rayshard Brooks died not letting the police or others in the area. They are indeed woke!
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12