Page 244 of 763 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294344744 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

MOR- of course New York’s death/million number is higher, they’ve gone through a massive spike already. Check back at the end of this and see where the totals are. But the CURRENT death rate over the last couple weeks is significantly higher in Arizona, Florida etc.. There was a quote earlier in this thread that said we are playing Monday Morning Quarterback and it isn’t even Monday.

Taking one day on the weekend in Ohio (when not all admissions are not reported) to say we are fine because that single day is lower than a 21 day average is a strange/short sighted way of approaching this. I too think we are fine for now but we are trending poorly, and failure to recognize that could be a problem come school time.

But yea, keep making this political and tout the response by the Republicans if that’s what makes you feel better about this. Many of these posts are going to look silly at the end, much like many from April and early May.

Texas, Arizona and Florida are just now starting into their spikes. Hopefully their death tolls won't be as severe as the Northeast.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Texas, Arizona and Florida are just now starting into their spikes. Hopefully their death tolls won't be as severe as the Northeast.
    They won’t be. They actually started the spikes over a month ago. Shortly after Memorial Day, early June. Younger people are the ones testing positive so you won’t see huge death spikes. A lot that are positive Are not even feeling sick. The reason it was so bad in New York was because of so many deaths in nursing homes and the older population. That doesn’t seem to be happening at the same rate in Texas, Florida and Arizona. Even California who has had a lot of cases all along has not experienced anywhere near the death rates that New York saw.

Why New York's Governor is getting a pass on killing so many seniors is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    MOR- of course New York’s death/million number is higher, they’ve gone through a massive spike already. Check back at the end of this and see where the totals are. But the CURRENT death rate over the last couple weeks is significantly higher in Arizona, Florida etc.. There was a quote earlier in this thread that said we are playing Monday Morning Quarterback and it isn’t even Monday.

Taking one day on the weekend in Ohio (when not all admissions are not reported) to say we are fine because that single day is lower than a 21 day average is a strange/short sighted way of approaching this. I too think we are fine for now but we are trending poorly, and failure to recognize that could be a problem come school time.

But yea, keep making this political and tout the response by the Republicans if that’s what makes you feel better about this. Many of these posts are going to look silly at the end, much like many from April and early May.
    Ha!! You’ve made it political the whole time every time you bring up “Government response” then decry what you think is the lack of it. BTW. New York is starting to have a second spike and they especially screwed this up the first time, but at least they seem to be getting some herd immunity. There’s that.

What is silly is you pulling out “charts” that try to prove a point of a “crisis” when they barely show an uptick, and also claiming that you were concerned about hospitals when there is no where near any sort of a problem.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-a...10-p55avm.html
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 07-12-2020 at 12:46 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    Why New York's Governor is getting a pass on killing so many seniors is beyond me.
    Pretty obvious right? Chris Cuomo has an evening show on CNN and fawns all over his brother. You know. The same Chris Cuomo who tested positive, broke Quarantine, and now lectures people who don't wear masks?
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Ha!! You’ve made it political the whole time every time you bring up “Government response” then decry what you think is the lack of it. BTW. New York is starting to have a second spike and they especially screwed this up the first time, but at least they seem to be getting some herd immunity. There’s that.

What is silly is you pulling out “charts” that try to prove a point of a “crisis” when they barely show an uptick, and also claiming that you were concerned about hospitals when there is no where near any sort of a problem.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-a...10-p55avm.html
    I am equally critical/complimentary of government response on both sides for this issue, you are very partisan on this issue continually pointing out Democratic deficiencies. How’s Florida looking since you praised their Republican governor? Any criticism for him now?

Regarding the graph, it is hard data on Ohio’s hospitalization rate. We peaked a bit over 100/day in early April and it declined to about half of that 3 weeks ago (48/day). In 3 weeks since, it has nearly doubled to a bit less that 100/day as a 7 day average (best metric to measure current data). And again, I didn’t say we are in a “crisis” state in Ohio, said that we need to “keep a close eye” on Ohio.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Florida is now #1!!!!!!! Unfortunately that's for the number of new covid cases in a day here in the US.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Florida is now #1!!!!!!! Unfortunately that's for the number of new covid cases in a day here in the US.
    What is the big deal with cases? Yeah we will have a lot. We have over 26 million flu cases every year. Florida have 210,000 more cases than Ohio yet only 1,000 more deaths. I guess Florida must not be killing all the people in nursing homes like a lot of states, including Ohio, did early on.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    What is the big deal with cases? Yeah we will have a lot. We have over 26 million flu cases every year. Florida have 210,000 more cases than Ohio yet only 1,000 more deaths. I guess Florida must not be killing all the people in nursing homes like a lot of states, including Ohio, did early on.
    Florida is in trouble .... their positivity rate is around 20% and the hospitals in their heavily populated areas are approaching capacity. They have a lot of nursing home deaths as well, and when you look at the average age of death it’s not much different there than anywhere. In hindsight, nursing homes should have had stricter regulations earlier for their employees but it is so difficult to implement.

I think the NBA should relocate but the money involved must be too much set in stone. In 3 weeks it could be ugly there.