Page 359 of 763 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361369409459 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,590 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    He never argues on the issues, he only engages in personal attacks - a tactic typically used by those on the left.... if you really want to know....
    So much irony lol.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Yep, very important to me. Going to be huge that the people in my life can get it. I have a primary immune deficiency (not autoimmune). Unfortunately the vaccine wont work for me in the same way it works for most people as I don't create antibodies. But it could still give me some benefits. But more importantly my loved ones getting it will protect me and luckily they are all on board!

(And yes, 4 kids, 3 20 month olds and a 4 yo)
    Ah my mistake! Good luck to you and your family...I'm very hopeful that the world looks like a different place but one we recognize by the summer. Selfishly I really miss going to sporting events, going out to eat with friends and family, and all the other "normal" activities that we all once took fir granted. If nothing else, I hope that 2020 teaches all of us to never take those types of things for granted ever again, and to be thankful for the things we have.

Whereas, The COVID-19 pandemic is a serious medical issue, people are dying, and
    2 physicians must be able to perform as sagacious prescribers; therefore be it
    4 RESOLVED, That our American Medical Association rescind its statement calling for physicians
    5 to stop prescribing hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine until sufficient evidence becomes
    6 available to conclusively illustrate that the harm associated with use outweighs benefit early in
    7 the disease course. Implying that such treatment is inappropriate contradicts AMA Policy
    8 H-120.988, “Patient Access to Treatments Prescribed by Their Physicians,” that addresses off
    9 label prescriptions as appropriate in the judgement of the prescribing physician (Directive to
    10 Take Action); and be it further
    12 RESOLVED, That our AMA rescind its joint statement with the American Pharmacists
    13 Association and American Society of Health System Pharmacists, and update it with a joint
    14 statement notifying patients that further studies are ongoing to clarify any potential benefit of
    15 hydroxychloroquine and combination therapies for the treatment of COVID-19 (Directive to Take
    16 Action); and be it further
    18 RESOLVED, That our AMA reassure the patients whose physicians are prescribing
    19 hydroxychloroquine and combination therapies for their early-stage COVID-19 diagnosis by
    20 issuing an updated statement clarifying our support for a physician’s ability to prescribe an FDA21 approved medication for off label use, if it is in her/his best clinical judgement, with specific
    22 reference to the use of hydroxychloroquine and combination therapies for the treatment of the
    23 earliest stage of COVID-19 (Directive to Take Action); and be it further
    25 RESOLVED, That our AMA take the actions necessary to require local pharmacies to fill valid
    26 prescriptions that are issued by physicians and consistent with AMA principles articulated in
    27 AMA Policy H-120.988, “Patient Access to Treatments Prescribed by Their Physicians,”
    28 including working with the American Pharmacists Association and American Society of Health
    29 System Pharmacists. (Directive to Take Action)
    Veritas vos Liberabit

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    you are so clueless. Pretty sure everyone on here besides yourself, know that i am not even close to a "lib." You're hysterical....you discredit CNN and then in the same breadth take Fox as bible since it fits your narrative.

Pretty sure the vaccine is going to be pretty impactful to DWest when he receives it in the next week or two since he has stated he has an autoimmune disease and 4 (I believe?) young kids at home, but you keep keeping on.
    I appreciate what you are doing here, but you are completely wasting your time. It's the equivalent of you stopping the schizophrenic guy on the street corner and trying to explain to him that the government is not actually controlling him through his dental fillings. You can have all the facts in the world and a very well thought out argument, but it's not going to do any good. Some people are so partisan that they literally have lost the ability to think objectively.
    Eat Donuts!

Supporting Member
    Dr. Sanjay Gupta on the Today Show this morning " the only way out of this pandemic is the vaccine."

He did caution that we still don't know for certain how long immunity lasts and if it protects against transmission...he said we should have clarity around that in the next 2-4 weeks. Fingers crossed!

Dr. Sanjay Gupta on the Today Show this morning " the only way out of this pandemic is the vaccine."

He did caution that we still don't know for certain how long immunity lasts and if it protects against transmission...he said we should have clarity around that in the next 2-4 weeks. Fingers crossed!
    Only libs cross their fingers

It didn't really occur to me that the vaccine may not protect against transmission. I assume that most do though, do hopefully that will be the case for this one.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    It didn't really occur to me that the vaccine may not protect against transmission. I assume that most do though, do hopefully that will be the case for this one.
    Maybe it is like the flu vaccine, you might get the flu, but the vaccine is supposed to make it less severe.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Ah my mistake! Good luck to you and your family...I'm very hopeful that the world looks like a different place but one we recognize by the summer. Selfishly I really miss going to sporting events, going out to eat with friends and family, and all the other "normal" activities that we all once took fir granted. If nothing else, I hope that 2020 teaches all of us to never take those types of things for granted ever again, and to be thankful for the things we have.
    Totally agree! Same to you and your family. Twins right??
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrett View Post
    Maybe it is like the flu vaccine, you might get the flu, but the vaccine is supposed to make it less severe.
    Perhaps. I believe it is supposed to be FAR more effective than the Flu vaccine in preventing infection though. I think it has to do with the rate at which Flu viruses mutate vs COVID.
    Eat Donuts!