Page 68 of 763 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168568 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    The first death in Georgia was a few miles up the road from me. That kind of hit home. It appears our grandson’s “other grandmother” has it nearby and she’s in very rough shape. I have NOT forgotten.

However......My wife’s boss is out of NYC and on this mornings call said there were more ambulance sirens than normal. I don’t know if you’ve noticed that? They left to hide at their place in Connecticut for a while. For better or worse....good luck everybody.
    Very sorry to hear that. I took off from NYC for the suburbs the minute work said for people to stop coming into the office - I was out of there. I'm lucky I had the opportunity to do so. Talking to people who are still there I have heard that as well regarding sirens.

Didn't mean for my comment to come off as a woe is New York type thing more just I only people remain vigilant as possible. I'm no expert on this but it does feel like it likely will start to get bad in other areas albeit a little more delayed. Again, what do I know? Hope everyone stays safe.
    Run the table.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post

If we had A LOT more tests, PPE, and ventilators we would be in a much better position. With respect to opening up the country the tests are probably the most immediately of value, because they allow you to know who has the virus and who does not. Part of the reason we have to have the whole country on lockdown is because we can't test. You could theoretically shut this down relatively quickly if you could test the entire country (or as close to it as possible) and quarantine everybody who tests positive for 2 weeks. That's obviously an impractical example, but the closer you get to that the better. Many experts think that South Korea fared to well because they aggressively tested and quarantined the infected and exposed..
    I wholeheartedly agree with you. With testing we need to find out who has it and who does not. we also need a test to show who has had it. We need to be testing healthcare workers along with random members of population to get a better indication on prevalence. I am anticipating Cov19 will be with us awhile. If it goes away, it will come back for a second and third wave. The more testing we can do the better. Hoping this Abbott labs test with quick results is accurate and viable.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Ohio 3/31 update:

2199 cases
    585 hospitalizations
    198 ICU
    55 deaths
    53 median age
    191 in the 4 cincy area (ohio only) counties
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavgrad08 View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree with you. With testing we need to find out who has it and who does not. we also need a test to show who has had it. We need to be testing healthcare workers along with random members of population to get a better indication on prevalence. I am anticipating Cov19 will be with us awhile. If it goes away, it will come back for a second and third wave. The more testing we can do the better. Hoping this Abbott labs test with quick results is accurate and viable.
    Here is the antibody test:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.axi...0e2a06e4c.html
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Supporting Member
    Here’s a predictive model that shows the cases, hospitalizations, and hospital bed space available over the next four months. One can filter by state as well, which is very interesting and illustrates the positive impact social distancing has. All of us Buckeyes need to send a thank you note to DeWine.
    https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    Great news

Should allow us to be able to move faster in diagnosing and quarantining those with the virus

This is nice but is not realistic to roll out nationwide anytime soon. Small pockets maybe. There’s not enough effort put into this sort of stuff... a rapid home test we could do ourselves would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    This is nice but is not realistic to roll out nationwide anytime soon. Small pockets maybe. There’s not enough effort put into this sort of stuff... a rapid home test we could do ourselves would be great.
    Yep, the hardest hit......NY/NJ etc.

Here’s a predictive model that shows the cases, hospitalizations, and hospital bed space available over the next four months. One can filter by state as well, which is very interesting and illustrates the positive impact social distancing has. All of us Buckeyes need to send a thank you note to DeWine.
    https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections
    This is an interesting Model. States like Georgia and Arizona who have not put in drastic measures like Ohio, but are projecting about similar results as Ohio. On the other hand, Tennessee hasn't put in drastic measures either, but project a much higher impact.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    This is an interesting Model. States like Georgia and Arizona who have not put in drastic measures like Ohio, but are projecting about similar results as Ohio. On the other hand, Tennessee hasn't put in drastic measures either, but project a much higher impact.
    Actually States like Georgia and Arizona show a large ICU bed shortage. Avoiding a ICU bed shortage is the key to saving lives by flattening the curve. Ohio projects no ICU bed shortage.