Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
    All-Conference
    There's no reason KyKy, Scruggs, and Odom can't play at the same time.

And the moving screen becomes a moot point if Baldwin wasn't given half the court to operate at his leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    If scruggs comes back, I don't think it's a guarantee odom starts over tandy. kyky was all-freshman team and has experience in the system. if scruggs leaves obviously he'd start by default
    Odom will play the 1, Kyky will play the 2, Scruggs the 3, Free the 4 and probably Miles the 5.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Odom will play the 1, Kyky will play the 2, Scruggs the 3, Free the 4 and probably Miles the 5.
    Are you talking starters? No Carter? Know he a lot of downs this year, but think he’s catching up to high major play.

Sophomore
    Well Carter will be a starter and I'll be shocked if Miles is a day 1 starter as well. there are a number of possibilities. we will be losing naji, so the biggest opportunity for playing time will be at the 3, which means CJ Wilcher and Colby Jones have the clearest path to minutes. Dwon could start in a 3 guard lineup i suppose, but I don't think it's a sure thing by any means

Well Carter will be a starter and I'll be shocked if Miles is a day 1 starter as well. there are a number of possibilities. we will be losing naji, so the biggest opportunity for playing time will be at the 3, which means CJ Wilcher and Colby Jones have the clearest path to minutes. Dwon could start in a 3 guard lineup i suppose, but I don't think it's a sure thing by any means
    Yes I forgot Carter. I can see Carter at the 4 Free at the 5. Dwon will start. Travis didn’t spend some much time on him for no reason. I am sure he told him as much. Almost like his highest priority when he got the job was to get him.

Any chance Dontarius plays the 3? He’ll be a junior, albeit with limited playing time. That’s assuming he doesn’t transfer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Any chance Dontarius plays the 3? He’ll be a junior, albeit with limited playing time. That’s assuming he doesn’t transfer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    definitely a chance and i'm sure his minutes will be going up, but of all the starting positions, that will be the most vulnerable

Sophomore
    Yes I forgot Carter. I can see Carter at the 4 Free at the 5. Dwon will start. Travis didn’t spend some much time on him for no reason. I am sure he told him as much. Almost like his highest priority when he got the job was to get him.
    i was under the impression jonas hayes was his primary recruiter and strongest relationship. i'm not saying you're wrong, i'm just not as confident that he's a lock as a day 1 starter. travis says all the time that "playing time is earned"

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Eh, I mean they botched the ball screen coverage to the max last night in the last minute, but the switching defense has produced a really really good defensive team on the season. Considering some of the basketball IQ on display on the other end, it’s actually kind of amazing the team is as connected as they are defensively to be one of the best defensive teams Xavier has had.
    You can't be 'stupid" on one side and not the other. The last minute botch was all on Steele because he screwed up in what should have been done and thereby let Baldwin saunter up unimpeded.
    As to the 'IQ on one side and not the other, again, you can't be dumb one way and not the other. Doesn't work that way. The defensive scheme laid out for this team is good and solid. The offense scheme, abjectly sucks, is slow and easily defensed leaving our players vulnerable and left almost to their own devices. Steele had better go back and learn a motion offense like Miller used to run or other quick ball movement schemes where the ball doesn't get dribbled to death or stuck. This offensive disgrace this year makes my eyes bleed and has made this team the least fun to watch in my lifetime.
    Again, I'll defend the players on this hill as I've done all season.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

i was under the impression jonas hayes was his primary recruiter and strongest relationship. i'm not saying you're wrong, i'm just not as confident that he's a lock as a day 1 starter. travis says all the time that "playing time is earned"
    I'm pretty sure this is correct, because Hayes has the Georgia area in recruiting, and obviously Odom is from Georgia, even on 247 it has Hayes as the primary recruiter. I do believe Steele prioritized Odom, but Hayes' has the strongest relationship and got it done.