Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    quentin doesn't respect steele, so he's bricking all his threes? can we just collectively accept at some point that he's not a good player? let's all please accept reality after it hits us in the face over and over again

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Didn’t Kamar Baldwin miss critical FTs in the Big East Tourney as a Freshman against X? Helluva payback last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    He also crashed XavierHoops after last night.

The guy was incredible last night. Tip your hat to the kid.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Let me just say this and maybe help put this situation into perspective. I think it’s funny and I’m guilty of this too, how we react to wins and losses. I get it that’s it fun and entertaining. Last night after I got into a verbal fight with that dbag Butler fan I stopped and said” It just a game played by kids, why am
    I so upset” These kids are tying to win, it’s fine for us to be disappointed but the way I act and the way most of us act after a loss really is embarrassing. It is what it is and I will continue to act like a baby after every loss. I hate sports.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Let me just say this and maybe help put this situation into perspective. I think it’s funny and I’m guilty of this too, how we react to wins and losses. I get it that’s it fun and entertaining. Last night after I got into a verbal fight with that dbag Butler fan I stopped and said” It just a game played by kids, why am
    I so upset” These kids are tying to win, it’s fine for us to be disappointed but the way I act and the way most of us act after a loss really is embarrassing. It is what it is and I will continue to act like a baby after every loss. I hate sports.
    Well said. I hate how I can let sports control my emotions so much at times. The highs are so great and it is awesome being a sports fan then but the lows man no good. Gotta keep things in perspective. Doesnt mean we cant come on here and debate and complain and wish for different results, in a way that is fun too. Just really does seem silly sometimes.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    quentin doesn't respect steele, so he's bricking all his threes? can we just collectively accept at some point that he's not a good player? let's all please accept reality after it hits us in the face over and over again
    He doesn't respect Steele so he is playing selfish with an F this dude attitude. Have you ever seen a regression of a player to this magnitude before from freshman to senior year?

Over 200 teams in the country shoot 70% at the free throw line. We shoot 65%.
    If we shoot 70%, we don't lose to Butler last night.
    If we shoot 70%, instead of 44%, we don't lose to Marquette at home.
    Those are home loses. Win those and we aren't having all this crap about whatever. We should be able to shoot 70% in our own building.

(and I do agree Baldwin should have been at least trapped at half-court, if not before. Let someone else get us if they can. As for Naji, he was probably thinking Baldwin was going to drive to tie. Should have still stayed in front and trusted Tyrique or whoever to pick him up if he got by.)
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    OTR,
    I’m with you to me it is almost like an addiction, I wish I didn’t let the outcome of games played by young men bother me that much. While not in the fire Steele camp yet there is much work to be done. I completely disagree with the kids aren’t playing for him theory, this team fights and plays hard, just not smart. Being at several practices end game situations are covered, still baffled why no ball pressure last night though. Listen to him, he knows the game, can recruit but has room for growth. I thought he did a much better job of using timeouts to quell runs in the second half of this season. This bunch still takes too many threes. With a DePaul win I think we are in the tournament, if not, and we are having this conversation this time next year all bets are off.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Over 200 teams in the country shoot 70% at the free throw line. We shoot 65%.
    If we shoot 70%, we don't lose to Butler last night.
    If we shoot 70%, instead of 44%, we don't lose to Marquette at home.
    Those are home loses. Win those and we aren't having all this crap about whatever. We should be able to shoot 70% in our own building.

(and I do agree Baldwin should have been at least trapped at half-court, if not before. Let someone else get us if they can. As for Naji, he was probably thinking Baldwin was going to drive to tie. Should have still stayed in front and trusted Tyrique or whoever to pick him up if he got by.)
    Tyrique botched the coverage just as much if not more than Naji. Look at where he was when the shot went up.

Supporting Member
    Tyrique should have hedged and Naji shouldn't have gone under. Not sure why we weren't in an automatic switch