Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Its an apples to oranges comparison and at least as ridiculous as a team cancelling a meaningless game.
    Disagree. It's all about student safety. Banning driving to games would be no more ridiculous than what Chicago State is doing.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Disagree. It's all about student safety. Banning driving to games would be no more ridiculous than what Chicago State is doing.
    I'm not saying what the school decided was right or not or for the actual reasons stated or not but your comment about car accidents is still silly.

Car accidents arent contagious, they arent only 4 months old, they arent increasing exponentially every day.

People assume risk when driving a car. They generally know how to avoid them or decrease their risk or potentially prevent death (wearing a seat belt) if they are ultimately in them.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I mean, the response is SUPPOSED to be ridiculous, because Chicago State's actions are ridiculous. The kids aren't DRIVING the bus, so they really can't act to prevent accidents. And 40,000 people per year can't manage to avoid being killed.

I might cut Chicago State some slack if they were only skipping Seattle, but they're also skipping Utah Valley. And canceling home games for their women. At the same time, their baseball team is going to Auburn and Louisville the next 7 days.

Also, the TRULY ridiculous thing here is Chicago State playing D I sports in the first place!

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post

Also, the TRULY ridiculous thing here is Chicago State playing D I sports in the first place!
    This is a great point.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Now, imagine for a moment that this virus picks up steam and becomes a full-fledged pandemic in the US, and the NCAA is forced to cancel its Tournament. This being the year that Dayton is in the top 5 for the first time in most of our lifetimes. Imagine all the crazy shit Dayton fans would say for the NEXT 50 years while they wait for their next good team about how they totally would have won it all and that they really should put a banner to that effect in the Dump.

Dayton getting screwed would be the only slight silver lining in that dark, dark cloud.
    Last edited by GoMuskies; 03-04-2020 at 08:28 PM.

Italy just cancelled all fans going to games for a month.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Washington has 10 reported deaths. I don't blame them for being cautious at this point.
    The flu kills over 200 people in the US every day. This coronavirus thing is entirely overblown.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    The flu kills over 200 people in the US every day. This coronavirus thing is entirely overblown.
    Bad comparison. The Flu isnt 4 months old with unknown capabilities and isnt even close to death % of confirmed cases compared to corona.

Also we know all the symptoms of flu, how to treat it, and have a vaccine for it.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Bad comparison. The Flu isnt 4 months old with unknown capabilities and isnt even close to death % of confirmed cases compared to corona.

Also we know all the symptoms of flu, how to treat it, and have a vaccine for it.
    Is it?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...s-flu.amp.html
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/4667797002
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

edit:

You're first article exactly supports what I said and the second I didnt read after seeing it was a month old.
    Last edited by D-West & PO-Z; 03-04-2020 at 09:47 PM.