Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

NCAA Tournament With No Fans??

https://www.thenewstribune.com/sport...240792431.html

Who was the snowflake proposed this idea?
    Last edited by nuts4xu; 03-02-2020 at 10:11 AM.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Supporting Member
    I think it only affects the Beijing regional

Everything about the coronavirus is annoying me.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

I just read a WSJ article about all the events being postponed or played in empty stadiums/arenas in Japan and Europe. Seems like an actual possibility right now (though chances still seem remote).

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I just read a WSJ article about all the events being postponed or played in empty stadiums/arenas in Japan and Europe. Seems like an actual possibility right now (though chances still seem remote).
    I think it is something you have to prepare for in case there is an outbreak in a certain city, say if the Seattle cases spread to Spokane and there is a larger outbreak there. It doesn't seem at this point though that there will be a big enough issue at any of the locations for the tournament that you would have to preemptively empty any site.

I'm not going so far to call this a "hoax" but there sure is a lot of hyperbole being thrown around- a lot of it by the freaking news media that are hungry for some other story they can jack up to sell newspapers & get ratings. The funniest thing to me was that Bloomberg bought a 3 minute ad on 60 Minutes last night and said that "This Crisis shouldn't be Politicized"...all while he had just bought a 3 minute ad to do the very thing to make himself look "Presidential".
    The facts are these: According to the WHO, as of February 26, there had been 2,918 cases of COVID- 19 outside of China with 53 in the US. This in a world with 7.7 BILLION people and a US population of 331 million. There have been 44 deaths- 2 in the US. Compare this to the flu which the CDC estimates will infect between 29,000,000 and 41,000,000 during the 2019-2020 season. Those cases will result in 16,000-41,000 deaths.
    No one should be careless, and, yeah, wash your damn hands but anybody thinking that this is a pandemic is nuts. I asked my Brother In Law who is a VP for the Cleveland Clinic over the weekend if there had been a big todo over COVID with lots of meetings and precautions taken. He just laughed and said that it's a tempest in a teapot. Just take all of your usual precautions, but the economy and the world won't end.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I think it's all over.

The coronavirus can open padlocks!! It can be transmitted over cell phone networks!! Although the numbers are unconfirmed, there have been 60,000 cases, but 80,000 deaths! This is serious stuff!!!

Should you be concerned?? Probably a little bit. Should you be freaked out?? No. It's a coronavirus. Even if the world decided to do nothing (probably a bad idea, but just saying), it would almost assuredly eventually run its course and go away. There are things that have been killing us at a much higher rate for decades that never seem to alarm anyone, but whenever a new virus comes along everyone totally freaks. You probably won't get it. If you do, you'll probably get over it if you treat the symptoms. There have been and will be deaths, and that is tragic, but the chances of being killed in a car accident in the next 12 months are probably far greater than dying from covid19.

Statistically speaking (and I'm actually not trying to be facetious....well, maybe a little bit) it makes more sense to say that we need to play the games in front of empty venues to cut down on the risk of drunk driving fatalities from people getting too boozed up and then driving home than it does to say we need to play in empty arenas to prevent the spread of covid19
    Last edited by xubrew; 03-02-2020 at 02:33 PM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Supporting Member
    So, the moral of the story is if you are going to the NCAAs, do not drive there.

Quote Originally Posted by SM#24 View Post
    So, the moral of the story is if you are going to the NCAAs, do not drive there.
    And wash your damn hands in a public restroom when you piss there.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member
    And per Davante Adams, wash your butt.