Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    I can't stand the faux outrage. Apologize - "Say you screwed up and are going to work on getting better", take a suspension, and lets move on. Way too many snowflakes in our society for crying out loud...
    Agreed. I’m tired of the cancel culture that expects absolute perfection and adherence to the desired narrative. People are going to make mistakes. Most of us have said something and then realized it was wrong. If we can’t accept an apology and give the person a chance to improve, we’re doomed as a society.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    I cant stand the fake, BS apology. Say you screwed up and are going to work on getting better. You're a family man? What the hell does that even mean? How is that in anyway proof you don't have issues with homosexuals?
    I don't think it was as much fake as it was (panicked?). I'm not even sure if that's the right word. It was definitely an "OH SHIT!" moment. People aren't always at a high level of levelheadedness. I'm not saying it was a good apology. I'm just saying that I don't really think it was fake.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Supporting Member
    [QUOTE=XU_Lou;679687]
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    I cant stand the fake, BS apology. Say you screwed up and are going to work on getting better. QUOTE]

I can't stand the faux outrage. Apologize - "Say you screwed up and are going to work on getting better", take a suspension, and lets move on. Way too many snowflakes in our society for crying out loud...
    I think an apology is stupid in most of these cases because let's be honest--- they arent sorry except that it may cause them to lose their job. He isnt sorry about what he actually said, his feelings didnt change in the blink of an eye so let's just quit with the apology nonsense.

In this case, you seriously dont think saying something like that is a problem? Come on man. Usually I think the fake outrage in these sort of things is ridiculous too, but in this case, I think it is warranted.

Now the faux outrage with tatis jr is an incident of snowflake outrage. Tatis should not have apologized, instead he should have called the rangers a bunch of wimps and to get over themselves and their bs unwritten rules. Mlb is becoming more and more the non fun league.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I don't think it was as much fake as it was (panicked?). I'm not even sure if that's the right word. It was definitely an "OH SHIT!" moment. People aren't always at a high level of levelheadedness. I'm not saying it was a good apology. I'm just saying that I don't really think it was fake.
    yeah agreed......it just came off wrong to me and not genuine. I am sure he would have chosen different "words", but it is what it is.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Agreed. I’m tired of the cancel culture that expects absolute perfection and adherence to the desired narrative. People are going to make mistakes. Most of us have said something and then realized it was wrong. If we can’t accept an apology and give the person a chance to improve, we’re doomed as a society.

I am guessing we are about to find out this was not an isolated comment from Thom, but just the first time he got caught. He would be the world's unluckiest person if decided to try out that word for the first time last night and it accidentally got picked up on a hot mic.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post

Is it really "cancel culture" to suspend/fire a broadcaster who makes a wildly offensive slur on a live broadcast? That's called being fired for cause. Not like we are talking about a report of something Thom allegedly said three years ago at a dinner party.

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    I am guessing we are about to find out this was not an isolated comment from Thom, but just the first time he got caught. He would be the world's unluckiest person if decided to try out that word for the first time last night and it accidentally got picked up on a hot mic.
    you don't say what he said the way he said it...........and not have some underlying issues.

I mean, who born before 1980 hasn't liberally used the word fag? Granted, most of us then graduated high school and went out into the world and met actual people and realized how stupid that was....but perhaps Thom never actually graduated from high school.

You mean they don't smoke a lot of British cigarettes in KC?

Beyond the use of the slur (and the way in which he said it), just the sheer stupidity. First, he's dong a live broadcast. Second, he's using the opposing team's feed. Third, he's remote. And he had to have known he was close to coming out of a break.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Is it really "cancel culture" to suspend/fire a broadcaster who makes a wildly offensive slur on a live broadcast? That's called being fired for cause. Not like we are talking about a report of something Thom allegedly said three years ago at a dinner party.
    I have no problem with a suspension. I do have a problem with the cancel culture calling for him to be fired and never work in his field again.

Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.