Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    I think Carter’s issues are all about nerves/lack of confidence. Or rather, I suspect Steele fully believes this. Otherwise, there’s no justification for his playing time.

I am more perplexed by our PG play. No matter who is playing that position, he is underachieving big time.
    I think it’s safe to assume that Steele and the coaching staff choose the lineup based on what the see in practice every day. So I guess you’re all saying that they’re playing Carter in spite of the fact that others are clearly better players?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    I got to into the Cintas super early today. 45 mins before game time. I watched Nova warm up and then watched X warm up....I looked at my buddy and told him Nova was gooping to win. They are so focused. They shot 3 pointers around the perimeter on both sides of the basket for 20 mins. X came out and literally F'ed around in their warmup. Double and triple clutching layups, dunking....the contrast was obvious.one team was laser focused and working on what they do. The other team was being silly in warm ups. Difference in culture was shocking.
    That’s interesting. You may have a point.

Supporting Member
    I got to into the Cintas super early today. 45 mins before game time. I watched Nova warm up and then watched X warm up....I looked at my buddy and told him Nova was gooping to win. They are so focused. They shot 3 pointers around the perimeter on both sides of the basket for 20 mins. X came out and literally F'ed around in their warmup. Double and triple clutching layups, dunking....the contrast was obvious.one team was laser focused and working on what they do. The other team was being silly in warm ups. Difference in culture was shocking.
    That's actually a little disturbing from xavier. I dont mind the team looking loose but if there is a game to be focused, this was it.

Sad thing to me is this... Xavier is probably going to make the tourney this year. However, this team has almost no chance of advancing far. Last year's team was way better with Hankins and couldn't get in. Last year's team could advance very far this year with how they were playing. I don't think many people on this board would say X at this point last year is a worse team than X right now

If that’s how they practice right before the game, how do they practice during the week??
    Get those Xavier Way points!!!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I hope the coaches realize this, and we grow as a team as a result. It’s not an AAU trip to Disney, it’s business.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    Sad thing to me is this... Xavier is probably going to make the tourney this year. However, this team has almost no chance of advancing far. Last year's team was way better with Hankins and couldn't get in. Last year's team could advance very far this year with how they were playing. I don't think many people on this board would say X at this point last year is a worse team than X right now
    I don’t see us making the tournament after today unless we lose no more than one more game. That will be tough to do.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    I think Carter’s issues are all about nerves/lack of confidence. Or rather, I suspect Steele fully believes this. Otherwise, there’s no justification for his playing time.

I am more perplexed by our PG play. No matter who is playing that position, he is underachieving big time.
    I don’t care what his “issues” are he was a clear detriment on the floor especially in the first half. He might be better served not starting and watching the game flow for a few minutes first.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I hope the coaches realize this, and we grow as a team as a result. It’s not an AAU trip to Disney, it’s business.
    Maybe the difference is most teams do what X does...and then there is Nova. Nova used both baskets during pre-warmups. They had 2 in the corner, 2 on the wings and 1 at top of the key. Each player must have gotten up 50-60 3's in 10 mins.

Nova leaves and X comes out using one side of the floor only. They are in a standard layup line. Most guys are double clutching layups, dunking. The Hansen kid was trying to put on a dunk contest. Like I said....for me, the difference was astonishing. One was all business... the other....not so much. But I'm an old fart...so I probably know nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Olsingledigit View Post
    I don’t see us making the tournament after today unless we lose no more than one more game. That will be tough to do.
    Have you seen the bubble teams? Holy. UC, Purdue, Mississippi State, Wichita State, NC state, Utah state and others. They have to fill all the spots. Espn had Xavier as a 9 seed last I checked. 3-1 and they are in comfortably. 2-2 maybe a 10 or 11 seed. Rather be a 10 or 11 than an 8 or 9.