Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Wow, what a dud.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Team looked like they had the same doughnuts for pregame that Travis Steele was passing out to the students today.

Oh well, on to DePaul. Maybe they can exorcise that awful memory from last season.

I am still trying to understand why Goodin got as much clock as he did in the second half (a few of those lineups were bad). That said, looking at this one with some perspective (and less in the moment frustration), IMO with respect to Steele this one is safely filed alongside @ Creighton in the "don't have the horses" category.

Let's just make the NCAA tournament.

Finally got the game where Nova didnt go crazy from 3 and they still won comfortably.

I absolutely love Paul Scruggs. Still remember watching HS highlights of him and thinking he was built in a lab to play guard at X.

That said, it feels like he has had some significant duds here as of late. If he is going to leave after this season, I really hope it turns around a lot, otherwise he's going be be on the wrong end of the Kaiser Gates/Jalen Reynolds leaving early with no realistic chance of playing in the NBA scale.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Finally got the game where Nova didnt go crazy from 3 and they still won comfortably.
    They were 28% in Philly this year and 31% at MSG last season. It doesn't really boil down to just that with Nova as much as people want it to. They're an incredible offensive team.

They are infinitely more skilled than we are.
    This is exactly what I was getting ready to post.

I am sharing your post, because I absolutely do not see this as being on Travis at this point. It is a talent gap but he must be given the opportunity to close through his recruiting efforts. I understand complaints about endgame decision making, etc., but he hast to work with the cast of characters that he has available to him at this moment.

That includes Carter and Graydon. And that is not good.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post

I am sharing your post, because I absolutely do not see this as being on Travis at this point. It is a talent gap but he must be given the opportunity to close through his recruiting efforts. I understand complaints about endgame decision making, etc., but he hast to work with the cast of characters that he has available to him at this moment.

I agree, but less talented teams win games all the time. Clemson beat Louisville. NC State beat Duke by 20.

It happens in the BE a lot, just never with Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post

I agree with this thinking, and I'm not nearly as down on Carter as everyone else, but Carter is a major part of Steele's first recruiting class, let's not forget that.

I agree, but less talented teams win games all the time. Clemson beat Louisville. NC State beat Duke by 20.

It happens in the BE a lot, just never with Xavier.

Did you miss Xavier destroying a projected 2 seed on the road a few weeks ago? That was objectively one of the best regular season wins in program history from a resume standpoint. I'd be curious to see other submissions for that honor.