Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    This is exactly what I was getting ready to post.

I am sharing your post, because I absolutely do not see this as being on Travis at this point. It is a talent gap but he must be given the opportunity to close through his recruiting efforts. I understand complaints about endgame decision making, etc., but he hast to work with the cast of characters that he has available to him at this moment.

That includes Carter and Graydon. And that is not good.
    This. It may take some time to get back to where we were, but I trust Steele to do it when we have the horses and he grows into the first chair. Public reps will have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    I wouldn’t say out coached, I mean Xavier’s defensive game plan against Nova is spot on and executed. The problem is this team just can’t score. If this team had consistent shooters they would be a top 10 team. It is what it is with this team. I mean you really can’t make shooters out of bad shooters. The looks were there but not put in the basket.
    If Xavier set more than one screen per possession and worked off wing cuts I might agree. But Xavier does not. One high screen, one ball reversal then “try” to throw it into Tyrique. Simple. Easily defensed. Which is why there is traffic at the rim.
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 02-22-2020 at 05:14 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Sophomore
    I think Carter’s issues are all about nerves/lack of confidence. Or rather, I suspect Steele fully believes this. Otherwise, there’s no justification for his playing time.

I am more perplexed by our PG play. No matter who is playing that position, he is underachieving big time.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    I'll bite - what would your rotation (with minutes) have looked like today? I'm not even going to ask about the offense because I assume you'd suggest a Bob Knight motion or something.
    Going to postgame dinner. Get to it later
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Sophomore
    I saw a lack of energy by secondary players and that includes Carter, Goodin, Zach (surprisingly). When playing against a team like Villanova if you only match their efforts you will lose. The dribbled in the lane 5-6 times at times, honestly the secondary players(who have fouls to give) should be diving in to hinder that person as they are too good given that time. We actually had few fouls and could have risked some more. You can play it straight up and guarantee yourself a nice clean loss. Diving in may cause embarrassment and fouls but what do we have to lose. We disrupted very little today

X barely beat SJU. Who here expects a top 5 BE finish?

Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    I saw a lack of energy by secondary players and that includes Carter, Goodin, Zach (surprisingly). When playing against a team like Villanova if you only match their efforts you will lose. The dribbled in the lane 5-6 times at times, honestly the secondary players(who have fouls to give) should be diving in to hinder that person as they are too good given that time. We actually had few fouls and could have risked some more. You can play it straight up and guarantee yourself a nice clean loss. Diving in may cause embarrassment and fouls but what do we have to lose. We disrupted very little today
    Villanova was below their averages virtually across the board and around .9 points per possession. Xavier’s defense currently ranks 16th on KenPom.

Sometimes I wonder if people even watch the game.

Also Villanova played Wednesday so they were tired

I got to into the Cintas super early today. 45 mins before game time. I watched Nova warm up and then watched X warm up....I looked at my buddy and told him Nova was gooping to win. They are so focused. They shot 3 pointers around the perimeter on both sides of the basket for 20 mins. X came out and literally F'ed around in their warmup. Double and triple clutching layups, dunking....the contrast was obvious.one team was laser focused and working on what they do. The other team was being silly in warm ups. Difference in culture was shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Also Villanova played Wednesday so they were tired
    Lol.