Freshman

Byron & Joe & Thank You Fans

Renewing something touched on a year or 2 ago. I winter in Fla in several RV Resorts & generally have no access to XU on TV unless they are on FOX or CBS. The RV Resorts tend to have basic cable (no ESPN, FS1 etc...). I get Byron & Joe on radio thru Tune In Radio. Haven't missed a game all year. Always try to listen alone (or with wife) & even keep player stats on paper as game progresses. We had season tix for 20 yrs until 2008. These guys on the radio paint a better overall picture of the game than the TV folks by far. They focus entirely on the game for 40 minutes. We wonder if the Coaches ever ask them for any advice, and bet they actually do. Some fans state Posey, West, Tu etc... may give the team a needed pep talk now and then. Can't think of anybody better to do this than Larkin. Joe is equally adept as Byron & I will dearly miss them if and when that announcing Team breaks up. Thanks to all the Fans who continue to go to Cintas & eslewhere to see XU play. Be especially thankful to play in the Big East which is more balanced in strength than the NBA. Any BE Team can beat any other BE Team on any given night. XU fans are truly Blessed. ps, will be watching XU give Nova fits on FOX this Saturday.
    Last edited by xu koop scoop; 02-21-2020 at 09:04 AM. Reason: adding comment

I completely agree. Elite broadcasting crew for our radio games.

I wish Byron was active with the team, but based on a comment early on this year in the pre season show by Goodin, I dont think he is around too much.

There have got to be sports bars near your RV camps
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    There have got to be sports bars near your RV camps
    Camp in remote panhandle areas & near Mayo,Fl & lead folks on kayak trips in remote areas on & around Suwanee River. No sports bars within 45 min to an hour wherever we go. We could go to Pensacola in panhandle or Lake City in Big Bend. Don't drink anymore either. Sitting by a campfire or in RV with Radio briadcast thru Bluetooth speaker is perfect

Quote Originally Posted by xu koop scoop View Post
    Joe is equally adept as Byron & I will dearly miss them if and when that announcing Team breaks up.
    I agree, I like listening to them. Kind of our version of Marty & Joe.

If and when one of them is done imo they'd be crazy not to offer it to Brad Redford.

I heard of a service that will sync the radio to the tv broadcast, I think it is through IHeart Radio. That's the best. Byron and Joe can't be beat.

Byron has never been very active with the team. That isn't his role and he doesn't meddle. As far as I am aware, he has good rapport with everyone in the program...players/coaches/etc.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by blueblood View Post
    I agree, I like listening to them. Kind of our version of Marty & Joe.

If and when one of them is done imo they'd be crazy not to offer it to Brad Redford.
    I could easily see that working out.
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by xu koop scoop View Post
    Don't drink anymore either. Sitting by a campfire or in RV with Radio briadcast thru Bluetooth speaker is perfect
    Yikes on your first point.
    The second one sounds good though.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.