Kevin Stallings Gets Three Year Show Cause

WOW!

I am amazed!! I mean, how the hell did he do that?? Not only did he completely crash Pitt into a mountain and leave them in a mess that they still have not recovered from, but he was CHEATING!!! REALLY?? I mean...how bad would they have been had he not been cheating??

And...is a show cause really necessary?? That's like me being suspended from the US Open for three years. It's not like I'd ever come close to qualifying anyway. No one is ever gonna hire this guy again. Did he really need to get a show cause?? He's pretty much already his own show cause.

What a winner!!

https://www.si.com/college/2020/02/2...ce=twitter.com
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    WOW!

I am amazed!! I mean, how the hell did he do that?? Not only did he completely crash Pitt into a mountain and leave them in a mess that they still have not recovered from, but he was CHEATING!!! REALLY?? I mean...how bad would they have been had he not been cheating??

And...is a show cause really necessary?? That's like me being suspended from the US Open for three years. It's not like I'd ever come close to qualifying anyway. No one is ever gonna hire this guy again. Did he really need to get a show cause?? He's pretty much already his own show cause.

What a winner!!

https://www.si.com/college/2020/02/2...ce=twitter.com
    And yet Lousiville, Arizona, Kansas, etc are still competing for a NC this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrett View Post
    And yet Lousiville, Arizona, Kansas, etc are still competing for a NC this year.
    Exactly. You've got shoe companies paying players, hookers and a thousand other things.
    And these are the Pitt football violations:

These activities took place from August 2015-November 2017 and included them throwing footballs and holding play cards for the scout teams during practices.
    Really? Did they also bring them juice boxes from the cooler, and that was a violation?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Not to condone cheating, but at least when those other schools did it they won. I mean, Pitt was cheating and they were TERRIBLE!

Per the link the violations included allowing non-coaching staff members to participate in coaching activities, and therefore exceeded the allowed number of countable coaches.

Yunno, when watching that Pitt team under Stallings, one of the things that never crossed my mind was that there was too much coaching going on. Of all the problems that they had while he was there, that seemed to categorically not be one. One would never guess that Pitt had such an abundance of coaching!! In fact, it was actually the opposite. It was as if they were receiving no coaching at all.

Now, it wouldn't surprise me if Pitt self reported this in order to get out of having to pay Stallings a ton of money for terminating his contract, but still! Too much coaching!! Clearly the NCAA did not watch any of the games during their investigation process.
    Last edited by xubrew; 02-20-2020 at 03:01 PM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

The NCAA is a colossal JOKE of an organization.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrett View Post
    If you want to punish these types of institutions, make Kevin Stallings the head coach for 3 years and see if they learn their lesson afterwards.

Stallings apparently went to the Tony Yates school of cheating.

now, it wouldn't surprise me if pitt self reported this in order to get out of having to pay stallings a ton of money for terminating his contract, but still! Too much coaching!! Clearly the ncaa did not watch any of the games during their investigation process.
    bingo!!!!!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar

Now, it wouldn't surprise me if Pitt self reported this in order to get out of having to pay Stallings a ton of money for terminating his contract, but still! Too much coaching!! Clearly the NCAA did not watch any of the games during their investigation process.
    See Kevin Ollie, former UConn coach