Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Lunarid's new bracket today still has UC in and not even in the Last 4 in category.
    At least we traded spots with them in and they are now in "last four byes". I feel like a win tomorrow and Xavier gets REALLY close to being a lock. Just have to avoid a collapse at that point.

Supporting Member
    Lets just win the rest of the games. The team, students, and the fans deserve it.

This is how weak the bubble is. UC hasn’t done anything all year, have 4 bad losses, and they are still right there according to Mike Decoursey.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ERUkK3GU...jpg&name=large

Providence would be the team I thought X could catch but they keep winning.

Losing at home to Marquette will probably be what costs X a top 6 BE tournament seed and I think X finishes #7 and will have to play that extra game which nothing good could come from it. A loss would be a disaster and a win and you have to play #2 seed that is rested.

A must win today vs Nova to have any shot at a top 6 seed.
    2014 RTS National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams) 2015 RTS 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)
    2012 NFFC National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams) 2015/2018 NCAA Bracketology 351/362 pts

Quote Originally Posted by HenryMuto View Post
    Providence would be the team I thought X could catch but they keep winning.

Losing at home to Marquette will probably be what costs X a top 6 BE tournament seed and I think X finishes #7 and will have to play that extra game which nothing good could come from it. A loss would be a disaster and a win and you have to play #2 seed that is rested.

A must win today vs Nova to have any shot at a top 6 seed.
    Butler is the much more likely team to catch. 7-7 now and They go to Creighton tomorrow and still have to come to Xavier. They play home to St Johns and DePaul.

Both Butler AND Marquette are in a tailspin. Unfortunately if we end up grouped with them at 9-9, we play on Wednesday, mostly because of that damn 2OT Cintas debacle. We need for MU to totally collapse or get to 10, so we can grab the 6th seed on Senior Day.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    I'm not buying Marquette collapsing - they just do not matchup well with Providence for whatever reason.

Butler themselves is a game below .500 in the Big East now - it makes Xavier's loss up at Hinkle a little maddening now. Just gotta take care of business for the final four games of the regular season.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Both Butler AND Marquette are in a tailspin. Unfortunately if we end up grouped with them at 9-9, we play on Wednesday, mostly because of that damn 2OT Cintas debacle. We need for MU to totally collapse or get to 10, so we can grab the 6th seed on Senior Day.
    My understanding is that if we tie Marquette (or any team) it isnt our head to head record that matters it is our record against the best team in the conference (or teams if there is a tie at the top).
    Last edited by D-West & PO-Z; 02-24-2020 at 07:51 AM.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Freshman
    Seed projections:
    Code:
    Games																
    DePaul-Home	W	W	W	W	W	W	W	W	L	L	L	L	L	L	L	L
    G'Town-Road	W	W	W	W	L	L	L	L	W	W	W	W	L	L	L	L
    Prov-Road	W	W	L	L	W	W	L	L	W	W	L	L	W	W	L	L
    Butler-Home	W	L	W	L	W	L	W	L	W	L	W	L	W	L	W	L
    Seed	              5	7	7	7	7	7	7	7	7	7	7	7	7	7	7	8
    So if we go 4-0, we get a 5, if we go 0-4, we get an 8. Anything else will be the 7. (Assuming the favorites win all other games)

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    My understanding is that if we tie Marquette (or any team) it isnt our head to head record that matters it is our record against the best team in the conference (or teams if there is a tie at the top).
    You are correct. Head to Head is not the first tiebreaker (Which is beyond bizarre). First TB is record vs first place (Vs everyone who tied for first) and so on down.