Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    In 2012, a Bleacher Report guy argued the 7 catholic BE schools should break off, and add Fordham, Northeastern, William & Mary, and others.
    He said this about what would be the eventual expansion:

That was a big, big miss.
    I don't understand Fordham. They have a healthy endowment and a boat-load of deep pocket alumni. They could build a program if they wanted.
    What I don't understand is how this guy just completely contradicts himself :that would form quite a good basketball league" but "permanent non-power conference status," I don't see how William & Mary, Northeastern, and Fordham push the needle. Sure, decent markets, but none of those scream "great basketball prestige to move things forward."

As for the Fordham case, it just really depends on what the deep pocket alumni care about. Do they really care for a great athletics program? If not, then they're perfectly happy just being well off and spending money on dumb things. Alumni donations are weird, some people are all for them, while a lot of people are very "meh" about the situation. It is weird that even a few of them haven't been like "hmm, let's see what we can do here," being in the Bronx should be able to recruit some decent players with the right resources.

My daughter went to William and Mary. Great school. Beautiful school. But nobody is going to mistake Bill and Mary with good sports.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    My daughter went to William and Mary. Great school. Beautiful school. But nobody is going to mistake Bill and Mary with good sports.
    You are very polite in saying Bill and Mary. I’ve heard it’s commonly called something else...

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    You are very polite in saying Bill and Mary. I’ve heard it’s commonly called something else...
    You are a dirty bird.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    I'm sure MOR will have more takes than I will on this subject, but look at former AD Frank McLaughlin as the main culprit behind Fordham not giving a damn.
    You can’t spell McLaughlin without Laugh.
    He’s a joke and as Chairman of the NIT committee before the NCAA took it over couldn’t see fit to give Xavier an invite in 2013. That despite Xavier beating 2 Top 20 ranked teams in the last 4 games.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Nova with the ol' woodshed treatment in Omaha! All of us here should be delighted.....we desperately need parity in conference and it's very refreshing that one of the BE newbies start the process.
    ��
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Nova with the ol' woodshed treatment in Omaha! All of us here should be delighted.....we desperately need parity in conference and it's very refreshing that one of the BE newbies start the process.
    ��
    Umm , no we shouldn't. It just means Nova will be really pissed when we roll into Philly on Tues.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Umm , no we shouldn't. It just means Nova will be really pissed when we roll into Philly on Tues.
    Or Nova is really going to be pressing.
    Balls of Steele!!

XU now the NET leader of the BE.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Providence shouldn't be too far behind - they got a nice win at UConn yesterday.