Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 55
  1. #41
    Senior
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,086
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...n-enough-ready

    Found this to be incredibly interesting. Although I don't see Creighton going that deep, I do believe that if anyone is going to do it from the league this year, it would probably be them.

  2. #42
    Supporting Member GoMuskies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    28,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...n-enough-ready

    Found this to be incredibly interesting. Although I don't see Creighton going that deep, I do believe that if anyone is going to do it from the league this year, it would probably be them.
    Perhaps it WILL be Creighton. Would be good to eliminate the "0" under the "S16" column for the program ranked #253 out of 257 on these rankings: http://barttorvik.com/cgi-bin/ncaat....00&yrhigh=2019

  3. #43
    Supporting Member xudash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    7,858
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    From arguing about being in the A10...to wondering whether we were the 1st, 2nd or 3rd pick for the BE.

    How times have changed.
    So true, as far as your A10 comment goes.

    The inability to look beyond ivy-covered protocol in order to make material, corrective, constructive change remains that conference's hallmark legacy. LossSalle. Fordham. Subtraction by ineffective replenishment and a failure to set standards in order to move out non-performers against those standards. Remaining at 14 to this day. Simply amazing.

    A truly mishandled brand that may have had limited upside, but still had some upside and momentum with Xavier and Temple in the fold and in the time of Xavier and St. Joe's going deep in the NCAAT.

    God knows it all worked out for the best for Xavier. March of 2013 made all the frustration and angst finally go away.
    X A V I E R

  4. #44
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Overlook Hotel
    Posts
    11,918
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    So true, as far as your A10 comment goes.

    The inability to look beyond ivy-covered protocol in order to make material, corrective, constructive change remains that conference's hallmark legacy. LossSalle. Fordham. Subtraction by ineffective replenishment and a failure to set standards in order to move out non-performers against those standards. Remaining at 14 to this day. Simply amazing.

    A truly mishandled brand that may have had limited upside, but still had some upside and momentum with Xavier and Temple in the fold and in the time of Xavier and St. Joe's going deep in the NCAAT.

    God knows it all worked out for the best for Xavier. March of 2013 made all the frustration and angst finally go away.
    Did you see this article?

    The Blackburn Review Eviscerates Fordham

  5. #45
    Supporting Member xudash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    7,858
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Thanks for sharing band.

    No, I hadn't seen nor read it. I truly do not pay any attention to UD anymore. But I have to say that I just read it and that it is well written.

    He makes a great point about how unfair it is to Fordham fans to have this level of mismanagement and Fordham's insincere takes on their relative position.
    X A V I E R

  6. #46
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Overlook Hotel
    Posts
    11,918
    I'm sure MOR will have more takes than I will on this subject, but look at former AD Frank McLaughlin as the main culprit behind Fordham not giving a damn.

    They really damaged their program in the mid-90s when they moved to the Patriot League and dropped athletic scholarships as a condition of joining the league. (It is worth noting that the Patriot League no longer has this restriction in place.)

    Also think about why Nick Macarchuk was named A-10 Coach of the Year in 1999 despite finishing 5-11 in the league. He had only one player (Bevon Robin) who had any business competing in the A-10, and the other coaches knew he had a)no talent to work with whatsoever and b)no support whatsoever from the suits at Fordham. He wasn't fired, but took the Stony Brook job the minute they moved up to D-1 basketball.

  7. #47
    Supporting Member GoMuskies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    28,058
    Xavier is 23-3 against Fordham, yet somehow I'm 0-1 in my trips to Rose Hill HS Gymnasium.

  8. #48
    Supporting Member paulxu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    14,859
    In 2012, a Bleacher Report guy argued the 7 catholic BE schools should break off, and add Fordham, Northeastern, William & Mary, and others.
    He said this about what would be the eventual expansion:

    What is more likely is that the remaining Big East schools take the cream of the conference, culling teams like Xavier, Dayton and Butler. That would form quite a good basketball league.

    Nevertheless, the Big East schools should not take that route. The quality of basketball in a “Catholic league” would likely be high. But by joining the Midwestern Catholic schools in a conference, the Big East schools would be condemning themselves to permanent non-power conference status
    That was a big, big miss.
    I don't understand Fordham. They have a healthy endowment and a boat-load of deep pocket alumni. They could build a program if they wanted.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

  9. #49
    Supporting Member xudash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    7,858
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    In 2012, a Bleacher Report guy argued the 7 catholic BE schools should break off, and add Fordham, Northeastern, William & Mary, and others.
    He said this about what would be the eventual expansion:

    That was a big, big miss.
    I don't understand Fordham. They have a healthy endowment and a boat-load of deep pocket alumni. They could build a program if they wanted.
    They have had back to back “father mulligans“ in the number one seat there. Very bright, very well educated gentlemen, who just happen to possess zero vision.
    X A V I E R

  10. #50
    Supporting Member bjf123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Section 105
    Posts
    3,431
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Xavier is 23-3 against Fordham, yet somehow I'm 0-1 in my trips to Rose Hill HS Gymnasium.
    Well that’s just plain embarrassing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •