Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    That team had a lottery pick and 2 other nba players on it...just saying. Dont think there is anyone in the be this year with that kind of talent level.
    he wasn't a lottery pick before he went on that run.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Exactly.
    More to the point, UCONN was left for dead that year, going into the BET. They were like 11th out of 14 teams. 4 wins in the BET that year propelled then into the NCAAT when they went on their magic carpet ride.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Does this open the door for the venereal disease school up north? I don’t want to expand past 11 unless we’re talking adding Gonzaga.
    That ship sailed a long time ago. It was clear from the start that X was going to block any attempt by VD to try to enter, although the League never considered them anyway. Even the Blue Haired Red Sweater Brigade in the expensive seats at the Dump have stopped talking about it. Will never happen unless waaaay down the road, there is a huge conference upheaval.

Fox is overjoyed with the League, with the setup and the eyeballs, and everyone loves the Round Robin. We done with this madness.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    This is purely hypothetical. He recently signed a max contract. $141 million contract. Are you suggesting those tournament run got him to this contract? Talent was always there and I think that’s the point.... there is probably not a 2011 UConn team this year in the BE. And that’s ok!

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    f' UCONN

I still don't like that we let Butler in.
    This
    I have a podcast. Sometimes we talk about Xavier: You. Me. Cincy.
    I put the X in Texas. @fleckd.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    This is purely hypothetical. He recently signed a max contract. $141 million contract. Are you suggesting those tournament run got him to this contract? Talent was always there and I think that’s the point.... there is probably not a 2011 UConn team this year in the BE. And that’s ok!
    I don't remember, so not arguing, just asking, but I could have sworn Kemba was like a first round pick, and not guaranteed lottery before he went on his crazy run via projections. I could have sworn I read somewhere that he moved up in the lottery due to his performance in the BET and NCAAT, something about executives loving his "clutch gene." Also, I don't think it's necessarily fair to correlate the max contract with college performance, Kemba earned his max contract by being an NBA All-Star (one as a Hornets fan hurts to think about how we botched that situation so bad), talent was definitely there but he also honed his skills a bit more in the NBA, being in Charlotte, he didn't have many eyes on him, but Kemba was unreal good for the Hornets. Some picks develop, some don't. A perfect example is Kidd-Gilchrist who was the #2 overall pick and won't be anywhere close to sniffing a max contract in his career.

I do agree that I don't see anybody with a 2011 UConn run in them in the Big East, Seton Hall is already established (Myles Powell could take over a game like Kemba Walker), Marquette is also already established (Markus Howard could take over a game like Kemba Walker), but from the bottom half of the Big East, I just don't see somebody with that level of talent, or that level of determination to just take over. Kemba was a perfect mix of sheer talent, and just clutch. Not many guys have that period.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    f' UCONN

I still don't like that we let Butler in.
    Butler was probably asked before X, TBH.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Butler was probably asked before X, TBH.
    Actually, that’s not true.

Georgetown to Xavier was the first quiet call.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Even if someone steps forward with proof that this was not the case, I am sticking to this story.

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Actually, that’s not true.

....that you know about.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White