Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Or to play devils advocate- perhaps there is more parity in general this year than most. Which makes it easier for a unique conference such as the BE to have a better rating with the computers. Which is the best team in the BE? Can you picture that team winning the NC? Can you picture them in the FF? Strangely enough some of the best teams are from conferences other than the traditional power conferences.

It is difficult to compare conferences from different years but I would say in general this just may be a “down” year for college basketball talent-wise. Which I enjoy more and think is great. Depends how we define greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Or to play devils advocate- perhaps there is more parity in general this year than most. Which makes it easier for a unique conference such as the BE to have a better rating with the computers. Which is the best team in the BE? Can you picture that team winning the NC? Can you picture them in the FF? Strangely enough some of the best teams are from conferences other than the traditional power conferences.

It is difficult to compare conferences from different years but I would say in general this just may be a “down” year for college basketball talent-wise. Which I enjoy more and think is great. Depends how we define greatness.
    The best teams are still from the power 5 + Beast. SDSU is elite 8 ceiling. VD sweet 16 ceiling. Gonzaga well they arnt winning shit bc they have been overrated for 20 years and still haven’t won shit and it won’t be this year. I’m going Kansas, Baylor, Michigan State, UK, DUKE and of course Xavier bc why the hell not.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Does this open the door for the venereal disease school up north? I don’t want to expand past 11 unless we’re talking adding Gonzaga.
    dayton isn't in a market. no one wants to take a road trip to dayton

The best teams are still from the power 5 + Beast. SDSU is elite 8 ceiling. VD sweet 16 ceiling. Gonzaga well they arnt winning shit bc they have been overrated for 20 years and still haven’t won shit and it won’t be this year. I’m going Kansas, Baylor, Michigan State, UK, DUKE and of course Xavier bc why the hell not.
    I said “some of the best teams”. Look at the top 5 as it stands today: The 3 teams you mention are not “power” conference teams (I hate that term btw) and are currently sitting in the top 5. Has that happened anytime recently this late in the year? I am struggling to recall an instance but could be wrong.

Also last time I checked there can only be 4 teams in the FF.

Does this open the door for the venereal disease school up north? I don’t want to expand past 11 unless we’re talking adding Gonzaga.
    I think adding one more was all they wanted to do because you could still play the round-robin schedule by expanding to 20 league games.

Ha! Oh, you were asking seriously?

Well then, hell no.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post

Not that we were in the BE then, but 2011 UCONN is waiting for you to call them for the answer to your question.

Makes the point about playing in a legitimate conference more clearly: battle tested throughout the course of the season means better prepared for the NCAAT.
    Last edited by xudash; 02-18-2020 at 12:03 PM.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Actually, the final record after Nova beat Temple at Temple Sunday was 105-25 for 81%.

What UConn does is totally punk two of the biggest thorns in the League's, and Fox's, side= The AAC and ESPN.
    Having ESPN's home state team in the league forces the four letter network to finally recognize the league as the fully high major loop that it's been all along, and not the "Circus" it was called right after it was formed. It also gives Fox a highly recognized school in the New York area that brings eyeballs and pulls them away from ESPN. Also it kills the only NE presence for the AAC (Temple doesn't count in NY). Finally, it solidifies Madison Square Garden because it gives the league one more NY area school that draws well there. They could even schedule Big East Saturday Doubleheaders there with St. Johns & UConn playing separate games in the non-con. Remember the old "Holiday Festival"?
    UConn brings two more high quality games to the league schedule, one less buy game and one more guaranteed sellout. That is plus money.
    It's all good. Can't wait to punk them.
    This.

It's about the product on the court, but this time around it's about the front office decision to bring them in, because of the unique strengths they're going to bring to the product on the court.

Seriously, I haven't been able to make a BET yet. This would be the year. Tickets are going to be insane moving forward.
    X A V I E R

Supporting Member
    Everyone in the league likes the home and home format. The most we could add and retain that was 1 team. Personally, I think UConn was the only reasonably available team the Big East would take in (yes, we would take in Syracuse but that ain't happening).
    Also, someone needs to explain to me how Dayton makes the Big East better, because I've never seen it ?

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Not that we were in the BE then, but 2011 UCONN is waiting for you to call them for the answer to your question.

Makes the point about playing in a legitimate conference more clearly: battle tested throughout the course of the season means better prepared for the NCAAT.
    That team had a lottery pick and 2 other nba players on it...just saying. Dont think there is anyone in the be this year with that kind of talent level.