Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Xavier needs a new scoreboard

Have you ever noticed how small our scoreboard is compared to new arenas? UC’s is huge and even that POS of arena up north along that polluted creek or whatever it is has a big screen. When is Xavier going to upgrade? And that pitiful tiny scoreboard against the back wall is useless. Of course it’s not my money but just wanted to know if they have any plans to upgrade?
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Sophomore
    It is my understanding that an upgraded scoreboard is in the planning stages. Probably 2-3 years away from being actually installed at Cintas.

I’d rather make FT’s and the occasional 3 pointer.

I was there last weekend and the scoreboard issue didn’t jump out at me.....but that was after several hours at Zip’s and Dana’s. Everything looked just fine to me!

I’m sure they will continue to make improvements where and when necessary.

Someone needs a new hobby...

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Have you ever noticed how small our scoreboard is compared to new arenas? UC’s is huge and even that POS of arena up north along that polluted creek or whatever it is has a big screen. When is Xavier going to upgrade? And that pitiful tiny scoreboard against the back wall is useless. Of course it’s not my money but just wanted to know if they have any plans to upgrade?
    personally i think UC's and UD's look absurdly big. it's overkill. ours should be bigger i think, but not too much

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    I would rather they spend their money on a sound system that actually works. Half of what currently comes out of their POS sound system is unintelligible.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

When that sound system was installed it was in an audio magazine for being one of the best. I agree though at time in unintelligible.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    When that sound system was installed it was in an audio magazine for being one of the best. I agree though at time in unintelligible.
    I remember that being said at the time. That audio magazine should be sued for false information.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Freshman
    I was at an event in which Greg Christopher talked very briefly about the sound system. He is very aware of the problem. Said they have had several companies in to try to analyze/fix the problem, but the fix always involves putting baffling in the ceiling. The problem is that the baffling also deadens the crowd noise and X is not willing to live with anything that deadens crowd noise. (I agree with that.) As far as i am concerned, one fix would be to get rid of the Andy Mac halftime interview....you cannot hear it and it is probably just coach-speak anyway.

Junior
    What we really need is a shooting guard that can light up the scoreboard.