Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Our best lineup, that many of us have been saying for awhile is Scruggy, KyKy, Freemantle, Naji and Ty. Those guys should be starting with Moore the first off the bench.
    Agreed. Indisputably our best lineup
    "The only time you take your hands off an opponent's throat is to get a better grip" - Byron Larkin

Senior
    Agreed with the lineup...it is frankly not even close and I'm sick of not seeing the best five players starting.

Supporting Member
    MOR,
    Completely agree with you lineup assessment. Carter has had enough time we know what he is. Needs to come off the bench and fill a role.
    Last edited by XUBob; 02-13-2020 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    Paul, if you're there at 10 am, I'll make sure any breakfast you want is waiting for you!
    This came awfully close to getting me in the car for the drive up. I'm buying next time in.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I haven't read through all these posts but in case it wasn't brought up, there were 3 possessions in the second half where the shot clock was about to run out on Butler and in 2 of them they hit desperation 3's and the third was an airball that where the Butler player pulled a Lorenzo Charles and tupped it in. Those 3 possessions netted Butler 8 points. For all the mistakes and bad fouls, those 3 possessions won Butler the game. I doubt they'll be that lucky when they come to our place.

Supporting Member
    I did point out that Jordan Tucker with his height and lift can't be stopped from getting a shot that at least hits rim from anywhere at the college level which makes is impossible to get a shot clock violation. He just happened to hit both 3''s mentioned over good defense and as Q(Baldwin) and Naj(McEwen) found out you can't crowd a 3 pt shooter with lift at end of clock or they will be shooting 3 FT. McDermott followed the air ball 3 and I think Thompson shot it. We don't have. player with lift and high release like Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    I haven't read through all these posts but in case it wasn't brought up, there were 3 possessions in the second half where the shot clock was about to run out on Butler and in 2 of them they hit desperation 3's and the third was an airball that where the Butler player pulled a Lorenzo Charles and tupped it in. Those 3 possessions netted Butler 8 points. For all the mistakes and bad fouls, those 3 possessions won Butler the game. I doubt they'll be that lucky when they come to our place.
    Every game is different so to presume that all the rest of the game will be the same and if those 3 possessions were different the outcome would be different is a bit silly IMO. Baldwin will likely play better in the next game, same for Scruggs. It’s a new game and regardless of prior matchup I like X’s chances mostly because I feel the teams are fairly even their peaks and not because one team will have a four leaf clover handy.

I'm in total agreement with the aforementioned lineup as well and have thought for some time that it's our best option. Carter off the bench to spell the bigs and Moore off the bench to spell the guards. And Q used very sparingly.

Junior
    It frustrates me that Carter misses so many easy looks...but he is getting them. I think his instincts are some of the best on the team. He plays off the ball pretty well, which is probably why he does get so many solid looks. He just can't finish, yet. It is mental, he has the opportunity and obviously did well with it at OU. Lately he has had a few drives that were surprising. He is poised to have that late season bump (like bernard).

I also think we have found the sweet spot for Q. Let him come in and spell some people- he is good at that role. Too many minutes for him and we see the dumb plays and bad turnovers (that foul at the end of the half is one of the dumbest plays we have seen in awhile)

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    It frustrates me that Carter misses so many easy looks...but he is getting them. I think his instincts are some of the best on the team. He plays off the ball pretty well, which is probably why he does get so many solid looks. He just can't finish, yet. It is mental, he has the opportunity and obviously did well with it at OU. Lately he has had a few drives that were surprising. He is poised to have that late season bump (like bernard).

I also think we have found the sweet spot for Q. Let him come in and spell some people- he is good at that role. Too many minutes for him and we see the dumb plays and bad turnovers (that foul at the end of the half is one of the dumbest plays we have seen in awhile)
    Steele inexplicably played him 26 minutes? I don't get that at all. Sure, if he's having a great game you ride the hot hand. He did next to nothing for 26 minutes? He had Moore available and KyKy..........who I know was in some foul trouble early. I think more like 10-15 minutes is good for Q. That's about it.