Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    It’s best not to get too high after a win, or too low after a loss.
    So true.

I’m watching Villanova versus Marquette and it makes me feel a little better, witnessing Swider not playing all that effectively.
    X A V I E R

Xavier done got HANDLED. Very deflating after their slight progress.

Butler seemed similar to Xavier in many respects, just executing better and making smart plays. Hitting from outside helped a lot too.

Zack is young and hopefully will start to defend stronger in the low post. Tandy seems to know what he wants to do, but sometimes his body doesn't move as quick as his mind does. I'd like to see him improve dribbling in traffic more often to create more opportunities.

The ball movement in the half court is still too slow moving. We get better assists and opportunities when they bother to move from side to side quicker.

Marshall was slow to kick into gear, but he played really well overall. Jones had a great game. The rest of them shat the bed.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    It’s best not to get too high after a win...
    May not be best, but some will tell you that is exactly what you do after a big win OR a tough loss.

"All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    Xavier done got HANDLED. Very deflating after their slight progress.

Butler seemed similar to Xavier in many respects, just executing better and making smart plays. Hitting from outside helped a lot too.

Zack is young and hopefully will start to defend stronger in the low post. Tandy seems to know what he wants to do, but sometimes his body doesn't move as quick as his mind does. I'd like to see him improve dribbling in traffic more often to create more opportunities.

The ball movement in the half court is still too slow moving. We get better assists and opportunities when they bother to move from side to side quicker.

Marshall was slow to kick into gear, but he played really well overall. Jones had a great game. The rest of them shat the bed.
    I wouldn’t say Xavier got handled, they just didn’t finish the first half. You hold McDermott and Baldwin to 25 points on 7 of 20 from the floor and 3 of 10 from 3 you usually will win. Also Free did fine. He had 9 and 5 and the 3 bigs for Butler combined for 16 and 7. No one expected a guy with 1 three all year in conference play to hit 3 of 3 in the first half. That was the difference. The game plan was good but the ball didn't fall the right way. A few possessions sealed it for Butler. Goodin fouling a guy on a 3 with the clock running out, Free tip in they call a foul was BS, Naji missing 2 free throws during a run and Paul’s 3 goes in and out and they hit a 3. That was the difference. So not sure how they were handled.

Supporting Member
    I don't have really any complaints about last night, except of course we lost. I liked our defense, rebounding, energy. Only 9 TOs. Needed more from Naji in the first half, I know we decry his "hero ball," but we need some of that from him. Tyrique played another very good game.
    We just didn't make shots. Scruggs and Tandy can't go 2-14 and expect to win. I really had no issue with shot selection. We just missed a lot shots we normally make at a much better rate.
    I would have liked to see more Carter in the last 10 minutes. While, I'm in the less Q camp, it appeared to me that Travis liked him guarding Baldwin and leaving Naji on McDermott. All in all, I thought we did a good job on Baldwin with Q guarding him most of the game.

All-Conference
    Anyone have any news on that Nova game coming up? Home or away?

Supporting Member
    I think what last night showed more than anything is that x is not good enough to win a game in which only two players show up (one of them only showed up toward the end of the second half).

Not sure what is going on with scruggs, just slumping big time and tandy was pretty medicore. X can withstand one of them not playing well, but not both. That's not really fair to tandy as a freshman but q and moore are just not very good, and limited.

I'm also really tired of seeing carter put up bricks two feet from the basket.

Anyways, win Monday and the team will still be on the right track.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Not sure if it's home or away but Dana's will be open at 10 am with beer tubs in the parking lot pre and post-game!
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    I heard it was going to be a neutral site game.

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    I heard it was going to be a neutral site game.
    Did I miss the brawl the last time we played them?
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens