Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Anyone have any news on that Nova game coming up? Home or away?
    I’ve heard it’s home, but since that was on the internet, it’s probably fake news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    I’ve heard it’s home, but since that was on the internet, it’s probably fake news.

I can confirm that it's a home game, but rumor has it that it has been moved to Schmidt as part of the 40th anniversary celebration for the Big East.
    X A V I E R

Freshman
    I had posted in 1 thread how we needed to avoid a "star" player getting 2 quick fouls due to lack of depth. I also mentioned 2 players getting 2 quick fouls was much worse due to,lack of consistent depth. Last nite was Scruggs & Tandy. Nobody took over for them & worse was neither did any good after reentering the game. I look at who is consistent on this team & I shudder. There is Mr Jones (except FTs). Naji is next closest & then a big fall off. A big game still is at Providence. We may be fighting them for the BE 6 Seed & the final 1st rd bye in BE Tourney

X is only losing two more games. I say nova and providence. That gives them 9-9 20-11. At that point we are in and I don’t care about what seed we have in the Beast. Give me an extra game!!!
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    X is only losing two more games. I say nova and providence. That gives them 9-9 20-11. At that point we are in and I don’t care about what seed we have in the Beast. Give me an extra game!!!
    We're going to beat Nova at the Cintas Center.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    I can confirm that it's a home game, but rumor has it that it has been moved to Schmidt as part of the 40th anniversary celebration for the Big East.
    Cool! I went to games at Schmidt with my father. Sat in the first row behind the scorer’s table. Saw Steve Thomas, Bob Quick, Luther Rackley, etc., play there. Great memories.

Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Kegs and Eggs?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I think what last night showed more than anything is that x is not good enough to win a game in which only two players show up (one of them only showed up toward the end of the second half).

Not sure what is going on with scruggs, just slumping big time and tandy was pretty medicore. X can withstand one of them not playing well, but not both. That's not really fair to tandy as a freshman but q and moore are just not very good, and limited.

I'm also really tired of seeing carter put up bricks two feet from the basket.

Anyways, win Monday and the team will still be on the right track.
    Agree with all of this. Still time to snap out of it. People bring up Malcolm Bernard and if you look back he didn’t do much, and was pretty bad until his last three Big East games and into the conference tourney and NCAA. All of these guys can have the light flip on and the team can roll. We know Scruggs has the potential and just needs to turn it on. If that happens all will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Kegs and Eggs?
    Paul, if you're there at 10 am, I'll make sure any breakfast you want is waiting for you!
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Ok.

I've finally settled down after last night. And I've "checked the tape" so there is zero emotion in what I'm saying here about the Butler game.
    1) Jason Carter should never, and I mean NEVER start another game. A). He was Minus 9 on his time on the court. B) He had 7 shots (not counting the 2 he had blocked- badly, and one time when he just fumbled the ball away underneath) and made only 2 of them. NONE of those shots were more than 2 feet from the basket. C) He's shooting 38.7% on all shots for the year, most of them within 2 feet. D) He's shooting 23.7% from 3 for the season. E) He's weak, soft, gets easily pushed out of position F) His defensive rating last night was the second worst on the team, G) Is a MAC player on a Big East Team, and H) When he left last night's game in the second half, Xavier was down 17. They wound up losing by 5.
    Dude has no business starting. At best he's a spot sub. PERIOD
    2) We can beat Butler, but stop with the damn mental errors- 2 of the worst were on Q, 1 was on Scruggy, and a couple were on Naji just zoning out and losing McDermott. There was also one bad break were Ty just lost a rebound that he usually gets off a foul shot. That happens. The other stuff shouldn't.
    3) The second foul on Scruggs was total BS. Just an awful call that changed the whole first half. X was up 7-2, then Scruggs had to go to the bench. If anything Baldwin pushed off on him, Later, Naji got mauled and no call. Clougherty called the damn 2nd foul on Scruggs, and he's a hack.
    4 and Lastly) Our best lineup, that many of us have been saying for awhile is Scruggy, KyKy, Freemantle, Naji and Ty. Those guys should be starting with Moore the first off the bench. That was the lineup that got the game back close.

Ok. I'm done. On to St. Johns.
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 02-13-2020 at 06:21 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell