Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Game Thread: Xavier v. Providence (February 8, 2020) Big East Conference Game

XAVIER UNIVERSITY MUSKETEERS (15-8, 4-6 BIG EAST) v.
    PROVIDENCE COLLEGE FRIARS (13-10, 6-4 BIG EAST)
    SATURDAY, FEB. 8, 2020 AT 8 P.M. ET
    Cintas Center

Television: FS1
    Radio: 55KRC-AM with play-by-play from XU Hall of Famer and former Musketeer standout Joe Sunderman ('79). Analysis will be provided by Xavier Hall of Famer and XU all-time leading scorer Byron Larkin ('88). Broadcast is also available via Sirius XM (388) and Internet (970).
    Live Stats: Media stats at Statbroadcast.com and fan stats at GoXavier.com.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Fans will see the throwback logos for both teams, including the Musketeer Running Man, and both teams will be wearing throwback uniforms for this game as part of the ongoing celebration of the 40-year anniversary of the BIG EAST Conference. Xavier will also be honoring its first-ever NCAA Tournament Sweet 16 team at halftime, the 1990 team that defeated Alonzo Mourning, Dikembe Mutombo and the Georgetown Hoyas in the NCAA Second Round to earn XU's spot in the Sweet 16.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

How short will the shorts be?

These?

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xu 89 View Post
    How short will the shorts be?
    Let's just say you can buy them at Victoria's Secret.

I know I am in the minority of X fans on decor but as I lived thought the Gillen and early Prosser years, those uniforms were damn ugly. Thank God for tha A 10 and changing the logo to be crisp and sharp.

Supporting Member
    XUKeith, I know we are in the minority but I’ve never been a fan of those unis. That being said let’s get a win.

Hope our guys don’t take Providence too lightly.

They just had two very impressive back to back wins over Butler and Creighton.

Gotta get it going early once again and crank up that lead.
    Last edited by IM4X; 02-07-2020 at 11:45 PM.

Sophomore
    providence is playing as well as anyone in the league. it will take our best

Freshman
    A key to this or any BE game is avoiding your star players getting 2 quick fouls in the 1st few minutes of the game. In the second half, avoid getting 4 fouls on your star players prior to the last minute or two of regulation. We don't have the depth to survive more than one player in these bad foul situations. We don't have consistent depth to survive even one player in bad foul situations. We need 8 players to produce near their peak to win games like Providence this Saturday.