Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post

I'm in the minority but I would welcome UD to the Big East.
    Yikes.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    I agree with this- though I also think it has started to die down with the new coach. It was so awesome and easy to hate Huggins/Mick.

I'm in the minority but I would welcome UD to the Big East. The only reason I am against adding is because I love playing everyone twice.
    You are indeed in the minority if you really want to add those sweater-vested mouth breathers into our league.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

I agree with this- though I also think it has started to die down with the new coach. It was so awesome and easy to hate Huggins/Mick.

I'm in the minority but I would welcome UD to the Big East. The only reason I am against adding is because I love playing everyone twice.
    I wouldn't welcome Dayton into the conference unless three other schools left. It's too crowded already. I'd really wish we'd just keep it at ten. The league has half the teams in the top 25, may put 7 teams into the NCAA Tournament, and is the top rated conference in the country. Sometimes when things are working out that well you don't need to make any changes. Just let it keep working.

I'd welcome them onto the schedule. I think most people wanted to keep playing them (although maybe not everyone on here). I don't think it would be the same type of environment that it used to be. At least, not at first. But they are a bus ride a way, and they are now to a point to where they are regularly an NCAA Tournament caliber team. That is especially true this year.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Supporting Member
    Except we could only fit them on the schedule as a buy game.
    20 conf games
    4 exempt
    UC
    Big 12 / Gavitt / Prosser = 2-3 games
    so we're either at 27 or 28 games locked in.
    That only leaves 3-4 buy games.

If they pay us enough money (sort of a reverse buy game) we could let them come to Cintas.
    The only draw back would be a orange haired picture in the lineup.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by SM#24 View Post
    Except we could only fit them on the schedule as a buy game.
    20 conf games
    4 exempt
    UC
    Big 12 / Gavitt / Prosser = 2-3 games
    so we're either at 27 or 28 games locked in.
    That only leaves 3-4 buy games.
    As of next year you’re not allowed four exempt games anymore. All MTEs will be either 2 or 3 games, and you get either 29 or 28 more for a total of 31. Essentially, the campus games are gone.

But to your point, we are locked into a lot of games.
    Last edited by xubrew; 02-21-2020 at 03:27 PM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    As of next year you’re not allowed four exempt games anymore. All MTEs will be either 2 or 3 games, and you get either 29 or 28 more for a total of 31. Essentially, the campus games are gone.

But to your point, we are locked into a lot of games.
    Not liking 2 less non- con games in order to have 2 more with UConn. Firmly believe if the ACC or Big 10 accepted UConn they'd leave again in a heartbeat. They still have football in their hopes at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by xu koop scoop View Post
    Not liking 2 less non- con games in order to have 2 more with UConn. Firmly believe if the ACC or Big 10 accepted UConn they'd leave again in a heartbeat. They still have football in their hopes at the moment
    Of course they would. They'd be complete idiots to not leave if they had that offer. However, the chances of them ever getting such an offer (or at least of getting such an offer in the near term) is negligible.