Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    UC hatred: It's UC, nuff said.
    Dayton: I was young and this is Muskie elder lore but I understand X helped them get into the MCC only to have them leave (and gloat about it) for the Great Midwest. Then, when that dissolved they leaned on X to get into the A10 and proceeded to be jerks about it (passed X as a program). The unfounded arrogance of the modern era make them hard to take.
    Butler: Clock started it but I suppose it could go back to the MCC even though Evansville was the big rival. But clock...That water fountain earned it. Also, frankly. Envy. The success of the Final 4 years still burn. BUTLER!!! (shakes fist).
    If memory serves (and it rarely does) Dayton was rewarded for their graciousness in rejoining the conference by allowing them to host the conference tournament for several years.6
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Our Net drop a spot to 40. Likely b/c of the UC loss. At this point, just keep winning..........

As to the UC/UD etc hatred..........the older I get the less vile and contempt I have for the programs. Yep, I guess getting a little soft. I know so many people that have gone to all 3 schools, that it just isn't worth it to me. I want to see my family and friends enjoy winning too. Unless of course we are playing each other.....that's different. As for the fans of the programs.......we ALL have our idiot fans. Lets not act like we are better than anyone else. I think it's ridiculous to cast a stereotype on an entire fan base (unless of course we are talking about UK).

College basketball is the only consistent, winning sport in this region. It's pretty much our only chance to see our teams win and succeed on a consistent basis.
    Last edited by bleedXblue; 02-20-2020 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Looks like UC will be in the NIT.
    Never want to add your 4th Q3 loss when you are fighting for a bid.

It's also crazy that UC has played 4 straight OT games.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I appreciate how you've been a fan for a long time and that you're willing to put your opinions out there, but I was only referring to the modern (I guess) NCAA Tournament since it went to 64 teams and developed the selection process that's still very similar to what it is today. On top of that, I've said many times that I'd like it if we still played Dayton. In the A10 days, Dayton was oftentimes the only game that felt the way a conference game is supposed to feel. Although now I don't think it would be the same at all. People on this message board would go nuts, and some older alumni would go nuts, but almost no one that's graduated from either school in the last seven years would care all that much. At least not like it used to be.
    I also wouldn't hate a home and home with Dayton. I mean, we're locked into playing Wake Forest for the next 650 seasons (on some weird on again off again schedule), so we can't really stick our noses up at Dayton, tbh.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I have never had the hate for UD that I have for UC. I dont like UD but I never really hated them. I will never not hate UC. Maybe that stems from growing up in the 90's and every class being one of the 3 kids who cheered for XU over UC and the shit talking even back then and into high school? But I cant stand UC. You know those X fans who want to beat UC but then want UC to win to make the win look good for X? No thanks, I hope UC loses every game every year forever.

I would welcome a home and home series with UD though. Just need to make sure we line the first home game up on a year we are looking strong so we can add at least one more president to the list.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Looks like UC will be in the NIT.
    Perhaps they can get past the Round of 32 of THAT tournament!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I was talking about Dayton. They’ve never been as good as they are now for this long of a stretch in the post 8 track era.
    Okay haha, sorry for the confusion, I was like "what the hell is Brew on right now???" Definitely have a better history since we've left, but I think we can attribute that to how far the A10 has fallen off the cliff. That conference is bad right now, and it's weird to see. However, X was the flagship program, now Dayton doesn't have to worry about X taking recruits from them (because we're going after much bigger fish these days), so they can fill out their roster with the guys that they want, that maybe in A10 years would have passed on Dayton for Xavier. I can understand how they have a better resume so to speak now.

Who cares about NET, but Xavier is up to #31 in Sagarin, including a very nice #15 in his "Recent" rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Okay haha, sorry for the confusion, I was like "what the hell is Brew on right now???" Definitely have a better history since we've left, but I think we can attribute that to how far the A10 has fallen off the cliff. That conference is bad right now, and it's weird to see. However, X was the flagship program, now Dayton doesn't have to worry about X taking recruits from them (because we're going after much bigger fish these days), so they can fill out their roster with the guys that they want, that maybe in A10 years would have passed on Dayton for Xavier. I can understand how they have a better resume so to speak now.
    I don't think the A10 has really fallen off. Since it (perhaps foolishly) decided to go out to 14 teams, the overall conference rankings (usually between 7th and 10th), the number of teams in the top 25 (usually 1), and the number of teams making the NCAA Tournament (usually 2-3) is pretty much the same. And....Fordham still sucks. So, everything is pretty much the way it was before.

I think Dayton FINALLY figured something out. There is simply no excuse to not win there. In fact, it should be easier to win there than the vast majority of div1 schools. They have twice the resources and spend twice the money as the rest of the A10. Hell, the last time I checked they were routinely spending more than Xavier. If you can't dominate a conference that consists of teams that spend half of what you do, then you just REALLY suck. Any coach that's at least decent should be able to win there and make it to the NCAA Tournament almost all the time. Now, I'm not saying they should be ranked in the top 5 all of the time, but they should absolutely be expected to dominate that conference. For all the years we were in the A10 it was PITIFUL that UD was not better than what they were. Other than Xavier, they should have been able to outperform everyone else. Yet, then never did. And yet, they never made a coaching change. I never thought of Archie Miller as a great coach. Decent for sure, and maybe even good. He was able to win at Dayton, but any decent coach should be able to do that.
    Last edited by xubrew; 02-20-2020 at 03:37 PM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White