Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Not saying this will happen by any stretch, but weirdly enough, isn't X kind of sitting in a spot where if they got hot they could really make a push for seeding? Obviously that doesn't happen in a vacuum, but 9 Q1/Q2 wins with 4 more Q1 chances, a marquee road victory and nothing even close to a bad loss. Sets up well.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    True..I think Louisville's 2 seed probability has gone out the window...so seeing them in the round of 32 is probably out with it
    Unless we keep winning and get up to a 6 seed. We've won four out of five. If we win four out of the next five, and then another in the Big East Tournament, we may be getting close!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Not saying this will happen by any stretch, but weirdly enough, isn't X kind of sitting in a spot where if they got hot they could really make a push for seeding? Obviously that doesn't happen in a vacuum, but 9 Q1/Q2 wins with 4 more Q1 chances, a marquee road victory and nothing even close to a bad loss. Sets up well.
    Yes!!!!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

I mean, let's not go crazy...but there's no reason we can't win the last five. Three at home (anything at home is at worst a coin flip), and two on the road at Provi and Gtown. Yeah, our seed would shoot up like a missile in that scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I mean, let's not go crazy...but there's no reason we can't win the last five. Three at home (anything at home is at worst a coin flip), and two on the road at Provi and Gtown. Yeah, our seed would shoot up like a missile in that scenario.
    I'm with you, let's not go crazy. Just kind of funny that X's bubble profile is kind of missing the two classic factors that put you on the bubble: lack of a marquee win and head-scratching losses.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    If Xavier is in the tournament, I'll be happy. And the lower the number the better. Always.
    This. Not choosing.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I'm with you, let's not go crazy. Just kind of funny that X's bubble profile is kind of missing the two classic factors that put you on the bubble: lack of a marquee win and head-scratching losses.
    I think we are more comfortable than people want to think based on how we did earlier in the year. Wake is a respectable loss and the only one outside the top 35 in the NET, our OOC schedule is turning out to be a little better than people thought it might be with overall SOS being really good, the @Seton Hall win is going to be better than most other bubble teams. 2 more wins gets us to 11 Q1-2 wins which would be hard to keep out, so get 3 or more especially with a win over Nova or Butler gives us a really nice resume. On bracketmatrix we are averaging out at a 9.8 seed currently, and if you look at the resume's of the teams right above us they aren't blowing us out of the water.

Junior
    anyone else think were playing more focused and determined on the road than at home lately ? SH, DePaul, St Johns vs Marquette meltdown. All of our remaining games are going to be tough. Prov and GT are gonna be alley fights. I think we need to get to 9 BE wins to feel decent about our chances. 10 would be stupendous.

Being on the bubble and seeding talk makes me nostalgic with flashbacks of times gone by. Times when we were in the MCC, then the A10, and wondering, would we make it this year? If we get in, what seed will we be?

Although I would always rather be a lock and a protected seed every year, it's nice to be reminded of where we were then, where we are now, and how far we've come.
    I have a podcast. Sometimes we talk about Xavier: You. Me. Cincy.
    I put the X in Texas. @fleckd.

Quote Originally Posted by XUOHTX View Post
    Being on the bubble and seeding talk makes me nostalgic with flashbacks of times gone by. Times when we were in the MCC, then the A10, and wondering, would we make it this year? If we get in, what seed will we be?

Although I would always rather be a lock and a protected seed every year, it's nice to be reminded of where we were then, where we are now, and how far we've come.
    To be honest, in the Mack era Xavier was a bubble team around this time of year more often than we'd care to admit.