Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    257th out of 257 team participants. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....HA!!
    And Clifton Community College fans were still defending YTG.
    Dayton is 5-8 and 46th in those rankings. I guess no one ever really expected much from the Flyers!

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    257th out of 257 team participants. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....HA!!
    And Clifton Community College fans were still defending YTG.
    The most mind boggling part of all of this is that UCLA chose to hire this clown. All of his short comings, throwing guys under the bus, all the early tournament exits, and they STILL HIRED HIM. I understand that coaching search wasn't ran very great, but like holy crap, Mick Cronin??? They would have been better off giving the job back to Steve Lavin

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Dayton is 5-8 and 46th in those rankings. I guess no one ever really expected much from the Flyers!
    More than half were from that Elite 8 run they had in 2013-2014, other than that they've been bounced basically first round each time.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    As much as I enjoy beating UC, meeting them in a meaningful NCAA tournament game would be 2 hours of torture.

Thankfully, UC has sucked more than anyone else in the tournament the past 15 years.
    It's even worse than that.

Since 1996, Cincinnati has beaten a single seeded team ONCE!! It's almost unbelievable that a team that goes to the tournament that often only has one win in 24 years against a team that's seeded 9th or better.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    It's even worse than that.

Since 1996, Cincinnati has beaten a single seeded team ONCE!! It's almost unbelievable that a team that goes to the tournament that often only has one win in 24 years against a team that's seeded 9th or better.
    That's an awesome stat, and if it's true it HAD to be in an 8/9 game, because I remember them playing that stacked Kentucky team who was a #1 seed in Louisville. The BEST part of that stat if it's true...Mick wasn't coaching the team. He was on some sort of medical leave. So UC has won ONE NCAA Tournament game in the last 24 years against teams seeded 9 or better, and neither Cronin nor Huggins coached that game?!? Amazing.

Annnnnnnnddddddd, 'brew let us down with his faulty research. Off by exactly 100%. UC won TWO games against teams with single-digit seeds in that stretch. Two.

62-56 against #3 Florida State in 2012
    66-65 in OT against #9 Purdue in 2015 (the one I mentioned in the post above)

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    The most mind boggling part of all of this is that UCLA chose to hire this clown. All of his short comings, throwing guys under the bus, all the early tournament exits, and they STILL HIRED HIM. I understand that coaching search wasn't ran very great, but like holy crap, Mick Cronin??? They would have been better off giving the job back to Steve Lavin

More than half were from that Elite 8 run they had in 2013-2014, other than that they've been bounced basically first round each time.
    Since the tournament went to 64 teams, Dayton has been in the top half of the bracket a grand total of three times, two of which were in Archie's last two years where they lost in the Round of 64 both times. They've been to the Round of 32 four times, and the Elite Eight once. It's not exactly a rich history. But, strangely enough it's been tons better since Xavier left the Atlantic Ten.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Annnnnnnnddddddd, 'brew let us down with his faulty research. Off by exactly 100%. UC won TWO games against teams with single-digit seeds in that stretch. Two.

62-56 against #3 Florida State in 2012
    66-65 in OT against #9 Purdue in 2015 (the one I mentioned in the post above)
    I am so ashamed.

I will show myself out.

EDIT: But to be fair, Mick Cronin didn't coach in the game against Purdue!
    Last edited by xubrew; 02-19-2020 at 01:30 PM.

I am so ashamed.

I will show myself out.

To be really fair, Cronin may not have really coached any games.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Uh, of COURSE he wasn't coaching. UC won!

Freshman
    Since the tournament went to 64 teams, Dayton has been in the top half of the bracket a grand total of three times, two of which were in Archie's last two years where they lost in the Round of 64 both times. They've been to the Round of 32 four times, and the Elite Eight once. It's not exactly a rich history. But, strangely enough it's been tons better since Xavier left the Atlantic Ten.
    Long time X fan. But Dayton went to NCAA Finals in 1967 losing to UCLA who won their 1st of 7 straight titles. Also to Elite 8 in 84 & 2014. 7 Sweet 16s. At 68 yrs old I don't understand the Dayton, UC, Butler dislike (hate). These are all lesser schools historically in terms of NCAA success - compared to the schools I dislike, Ohio St, Kentucky, Duke, Kansas & NC. I grew up watching UC & Dayton on local TV & relished the rare XU TV game. Wish we v played Dayton, Miami & NKU yearly. As schools get more successful they shit on those other local/ rivalry schools because they are suddenly snobbishly too good to play other local/ rival schools. We have become what disgusts me about the Blue Bloods I mentioned. Long live David, goodbye Goliath