Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    They would want no part of us and WE would want this very badly I think....as a team.
    That might be how the fans feel, but I don't think any of the players on either team care or are even really aware that it used to be a rivalry. To them it's no different than playing anybody else.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    That might be how the fans feel, but I don't think any of the players on either team care or are even really aware that it used to be a rivalry. To them it's no different than playing anybody else.
    On the surface I agree. But I also think that the players would be made well aware of the history between both schools prior to playing.

On the surface I agree. But I also think that the players would be made well aware of the history between both schools prior to playing.
    You don't think they would be made aware of it, you KNOW they would be made aware of it.
    X A V I E R

Even if they are, I don't think they'll really care about any of that. The history has nothing to do with them because none of them were really ever a part of it. That's how they'll see it. To them it'll all about trying to get to the next round of the NCAA Tournament.

Even if they are, I don't think they'll really care about any of that. The history has nothing to do with them because none of them were really ever a part of it. That's how they'll see it. To them it'll all about trying to get to the next round of the NCAA Tournament.
    LOL, you don't think the players care about the alumni and what fans think and feel? Come on man.

Supporting Member
    Obviously I dont know Dayton's roster makeup in terms of where they come from but x has quite a few guys from in,ky, and oh. I'd assume that maybe quite a few players know each other either from aau or summer gyms, whatever.

I don't think they care much about what you and I think. But I suspect Byron, Joe, Dante and Travis have a few tales to spin to make the players care.

Oh, and think of the "House Divided" down in Prospect, Ky! Chris and Christi would be on pins and needles watching in the home theater after Louisville's early flameout.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I don't think they care much about what you and I think. But I suspect Byron, Joe, Dante and Travis have a few tales to spin to make the players care.

Oh, and think of the "House Divided" down in Prospect, Ky! Chris and Christi would be on pins and needles watching in the home theater after Louisville's early flameout.
    Do you think they have one of those cool "House Divided" flags in the garage they could pull out?

LOL, you don't think the players care about the alumni and what fans think and feel? Come on man.
    What do the alumni think and feel?? How many students and players do you talk to that care about what you think and feel?? There have been several roster turnovers and student turnovers since the last time Xavier played Dayton. No students at either school have ever been to an X v UD game or even been in school with upperclassmen who have been to a game and talked about what it was like. That's several recent generations of students who don't think or feel about the game at all. Some rivalries like West Virginia v Pitt, Kansas v Missouri, or Texas v TAMU go dormant, but never really go away because there is a constant bickering that never stops and a push to get the games back. That wasn't the case with X v UD. It went away, and people slowly stopped caring about it, the previous coaches at both schools didn't really want to play again, and now it's to a point to where very few people below the age of 30 even realize that it was once a heated rivalry.

They'd probably be WAAAY more geeked up for Louisville than Dayton.
    Last edited by xubrew; 02-18-2020 at 10:33 AM.

Supporting Member
    What do the alumni think and feel?? How many students and players do you talk to that care about what you think and feel?? There have been several roster turnovers and student turnovers since the last time Xavier played Dayton. No students at either school have ever been to an X v UD game or even been in school with upperclassmen who have been to a game and talked about what it was like. That's several recent generations of students who don't think or feel about the game at all. Some rivalries like West Virginia v Pitt, Kansas v Missouri, or Texas v TAMU go dormant, but never really go away because there is a constant bickering that never stops and a push to get the games back. That wasn't the case with X v UD. It went away, and people slowly stopped caring about it, the previous coaches at both schools didn't really want to play again, and now it's to a point to where very few people below the age of 30 even realize that it was once a heated rivalry.

They'd probably be WAAAY more geeked up for Louisville than Dayton.
    True..I think Louisville's 2 seed probability has gone out the window...so seeing them in the round of 32 is probably out with it